2021 Transfer Portal

6’6 sharp shooter CG
https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/status/1369403382021120006

Does he play good defense? @pesik

Edit: just saw he is a freshman… lots of time for him to blossom under Sampson. Very attractive from initial impression.

He is 6’6 playing the 1 and 2. that size by default makes you an above average defender, but he isnt athletic

Just finished listening to the coaches show. CKS said there are coaches reaching out through back channels to some of our players who aren’t seeing big minutes right now about transferring out. Crazy

2 Likes

Isn’t that tampering? If they aren’t in the portal they can’t do that.

2 Likes

Who knows at this point. The new transfer rules are going to make things really interesting. He also said he’s not ready to name drop yet he will if he has to

Another question for you: how much is that concussion that kept him out for last two months a worry?

no really, brain injuries arent a major worry for future performances in basketball… concussions arent a common that he has to wrry about getting a lot more…

also family members/coaches can reach out to our or other staff to see if interested… the rules are from direct contact with the player

They are going through AAU Coaches to get a pulse, not directly to the player. Its a cut-throat business at times.

2 Likes

Buckle up its going to be a crazy portal. A bunch of new players added today.

1 Like

I hate the new rules.

Can we “franchise tag” Shead so he doesn’t leave? :smiley:

3 Likes

I hope is only for this year.

I agree about Shead, but he is a pretty sharp kid don’t think he’s going to leave!

3 Likes

I’ve been at a loss for why Mills transferred out mid season. This season doesn’t count towards eligibility so why not just finish out the year on a team with a chance to make a deep run in the tourney???

Well, if you have some AAU coach in your ear about PT, AND with all the upcoming transfers they tell you, if you want a spot you need to jump now…

Even if that is close to what happened, it is hard to imagine how someone who plays basketball would pass up on a chance to finish out this season with this team. Insane.

11 Likes

I just think there was more going on. Remember Kelvin’s reaction during the late-game timeout? Throw in Caleb’s “defense” on the last play. Next thing you know he’s left for personal reasons

1 Like

Some kids don’t take to tough love. In fact most adults don’t either. It takes a tough person to get yelled at and digest it with patience and trust.

I’m surprised half the country isn’t in the transfer portal.

8 Likes

You never heard players complain. That might tell you something. Addition via subtraction in the locker room.

2 Likes

If they don’t want to compete for a spot they are in the wrong program. We like guys like Gorham who grind for their spot and it pays off. If competition is too much for you than please hit the portal. Sampson is not the coach for you. This is not YMCA everything is earned. We will put winning above all. The team needs more experience and veterans for next year, especially at the ball handling and wing position. We need a true PG and another wing. I’m saying I’d prefer older guys because of how young we will be next year.

2 Likes

Sampson has also mentioned that they’ve received numerous feelers from players who have shown an interest in transferring here.

Exactly that’s how it goes these days.