2022 Case Keenum Thread - Houston Texans back home where he belongs

Will be a game of intrigue playing his former team. I won’t hold out for another 300+ or multi TD game but a win would solidify his season big time and buoy his prospects for 2018 and beyond

Next week it will be two Coogs going at it–Case Keenum for the Vikings and Wade Phillips for the Rams.

3 Likes

Yes, this will be a great challenge for Case. They both know each other very well. In addition Case knows quite a few players on the Rams squad. The 2017 NFL story has been Case and the fact that both Goff and Case played for an horrendous OC last season. It just shows to everyone how much bs is forced to everyone watching the NFL. The key to success is you need a good OL and weapons to throw the ball to. They both have it now.

1 Like

Don’t be surprised if they give the starting nod to Bridgewater at home versus the Rams.

They are going to hand the ball off to him at some point and playing at home is when it will happen. Owners feel like the guys getting the most money should play and not always by performance. (Note: I don’t agree, just saying don’t be surprised.)

In the end, Keenum is going to come out okay. I suspect Bridgewater will not perform well, rusty, and Keenum will be asked to save the day, again. If Bridgewater performs well, Keenum will still see a great pay day at the end of the season after getting a chance to show what he is capable when given the chance.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/nicholsonm30/status/929913747338018817

3 Likes

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Keenum-on-Sundays-Win-His-Love-For-Teddy-Leapfrog/7477f784-9323-45f8-a855-9fbf8a55f803?sf165016232=1

I actually like this scenario for Case. If Bridgwater succeeds then Case’s last resume says he threw 300+ and 4 scores in a road win vs a tough secondary.

That will merit him several real offers in the offseason.

Bridgewater had nothing but glowing reviews of Keenum, who has led Minnesota on a five-game winning streak to sit atop the NFC North at 7-2. But now that Bridgewater is healthy and active 14{ months after a career-threatening knee injury, coach Mike Zimmer has a decision to make at the QB position.

He’s not ready to reveal anything just yet.

“I’ve got a plan, and we’ll just see how it goes,” Zimmer said. “Sometimes plans change but we’ll see how it goes. We’ll sit down this week and we’ll visit about it and kind of go from there.”

I would trade Bridgewater after next year’s exhibition games and try to get something for him. The Vikings are a powerhouse as they are and do not need quarterback changes.

Case Keenum was talked about during today’s Undisputed debate show broadcast (nationally televised on Foxsports1).

You can watch the replay on this youtube clip, with the highlights transcribed below.

Skip Bayless states he’s a big fan:
6:15 - 7:40
"I have high regard for Case Keenum. I’ve always liked him. I liked him at the University of Houston. I just like his spirit and he’s fearless.

Eric Dickerson was more dismissive though:
9:12
Case Keenum is a good backup. That’s what he is. We (Ram’s) know how to get at Case Keenum.

Really hope Case plays against the Rams and more importantly has a great game. Moreso for the forget you factor to LA. Hope Case outshines Goff. Go Vikes (with Case)!! and does anyone know what “skol” means??? Vikes fans use it everywhere.

1 Like

Wow, Eric Dickerson is a tool.

I’ve never heard a former player talk so much smack about “his team”. I’m sure a search could tell me if he’s in the Rams front office, but I really don’t care.

1 Like

Skol (written “skål” in Danish, Norwegian, and Swedish and “skál” in Faroese and Icelandic or “skaal” in transliteration of any of those languages) is the Danish/Norwegian/Swedish word for “cheers,” or “good health,” a salute or a toast, as to an admired person or group.

Just guessing but maybe some ill-will from ED towards UofH from his SWC days. I’m sure they must’ve clashed at one point to get under his skin

Eric Dickerson was a highly paid player for SMU back in the days of the SWC and like all SWC Alumni have no respect for anything UH.

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/930179788639211522

We’ll get to watch the Saints game again, right?

Hopefully I’ll get to watch Case play on turkey day.

Cards at Texans will be the Fox game at noon in Houston.

1 Like

Ick. :sleeping: