2022 Case Keenum Thread - Houston Texans back home where he belongs

The best thing for Keenum would have been if Bridgewater played against the Rams. The Rams are just a better team overall. They have a better defense and a better offense. Bradford, Keenum or Bridgewater would struggle against the Rams.

I agree that it is inevitable that Bridgewater was going to get playing time because he is in the last year of his rookie contract and they would like to see two things. One, that he can come back from his injury and two that his numbers were better than his first two year.

Vikings have an option to extend Bridgewater for 2018. His contract is up ONLY if the Vikings don’t pick up the option.

Teddy has played well enough that they’ll pick it up.

Bridgewater and Keenum make less combined than Bradford does. Therfore, economics say Bradford is out. It will be Teddy and Case next year.

As far as reports I’ve read dating back to May, the Vikings declined the 5th year option on TB’s rookie contract. Case is also an unrestricted free agent next year, so the Viks only have Kyle Sloter signed beyond this year. They’ll have to make some tough decisions soon. I love seeing Case play there, but he’ll likely have other offers after this year. They would be smart to make him the highest paid backup right now if they think he could help them beyond this year. Been a great fit up there.

Vikings OC Pat Shurmur could be a head coach again next season. Maybe Case will follow him.

Good video.

Another good video.

3 Likes

I hate to say it but Keenum will be replaced after their next loss
whenever that is. Let’s hope it’s not this week! It’s not fair but it is what it is.

Bridgewater lost his starting spot because of injury not because of poor play. If he is healthy they are going to put him back in there and there is nothing Case can do about it.

San Francisco messed that up with Alex Smith. Not that Alex Smith is Hall of Fame material but KC fans aren’t complaining. I don’t think Minnesota wants to take that chance with Bridgewater. If Keenum plays bad and the team is behind, you can bet Bridgewater will be given the chance to look like a hero.

Kay Adams is such a babe.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Vikings/status/931254679757033472

3 Likes

Roman Anderson once told me, the politics in the NFL are insane.

1 Like

Case continues his strong play against one of the toughest defenses in the league.

Vikes are up 24-7 late.

Case is 26-37 280 yards and 1 TD

That should cool the Teddy talk for a few minutes.

Case has done it again! 27 for 38 and a TD. Final 24–7.

Another outstanding game from Case. The announcers and FOX studio hosts were continuously talking about Goff. This has been going on all season. This is clearly on purpose.
Shurmur, Case perfectly designed and executed today. This was the best overall performance for the Vikings.
In the NFL it is a huge challenge to follow your playbook to a tee. Zimmer should be very proud of this performance.

1 Like

Great win
Congrats to Case and Vikes