2022 Case Keenum Thread - Houston Texans back home where he belongs

I thought he didn’t bench O’Korn until about mid season in the UCF or Tulane game.

1 Like

Right, he pulled O’Korn the first game…but then had him continue to start until Memphis.

“Case Keenum’s Orange team beat Baker Mayfield’s Brown team, 14-10.”

It WILL continue…

1 Like

Yes, and Case led the 2nd team offense against the 1st team defense, while Mayfield led the 1st team offense against the 2nd team defense.

3 Likes

I think Ucf was our conference opener that year and then Memphis was next…where ward wrecked shop and we were huge underdogs. Anyway your point is still valid!

1 Like

Ward took over from O’Korn in the 2014 season, both were sophs at the time. The schedule that year was:
8/29 UTSA (L)
9/6 Grambling (W)
9/11 at BYU (L)
9/20 UNLV (W)
10/2 UCF (L)
10/11 at Memphis (W)
10/17 Temple (W)
11/1 at USF (W)
11/8 Tulane (L) (the game that sealed Levine’s fate)
11/22 Tulsa (W)
11/28 SMU (W)
12/6 Cincy (L)
1/2/2015 Pitt (W) Armed Forces Bowl

What was wierd was that after his frosh year, we were expecting great things from O’Korn and he fizzled. There was that locker room issue also where he had lost the team and they just weren’t behind him, but were going all out for Ward.

3 Likes

O’Korn wasn’t the same after the OC (Meachum) left to go to TCU. Of course, also didn’t help that we had no offensive line to speak of. They had to go to Ward because of his speed and scrambling ability. The rest is history.

4 Likes

He showed a real lack of leadership and composure when he spiked a football at an opposing Ucf players helmet. That had to to be final straw and as it turned out he had maturity issues that still plagued him for the rest of his college career. Which makes qbs loke Kolb, keenum and Ward so special. And we have one of our own in the NFL for the last 8 years that always has the respect of everyone he encounters.

7 Likes

Right on, Russel.

3 Likes

That Memphis L should be a W…Ward’s first start we won.

2 Likes

Correctamundo! I edited my post, thanks for the heads up.

2 Likes

Just think. If Ward does not fumble right before crossing the goal line against UCF and the Tulane game, Levine would have kept his job. Which is more of a testament of two people, Gibbs and Ward. Gibbs for putting together a very good defense and Ward being a great athlete.

Or a better way to look at it. If Bush and Levine would have pulled the plug more quickly on O’Korn who knows how good the 2014 team might have been.

2 Likes

I think if Levine had pulled the plug on Bush before the season started, we would have been better !!

8 Likes

To the top. Browns are about to play the Ravens.

Mayfield intercepted

4 Likes

Everybody, everybody is entitled to their opinion. That is what a democracy is all about.

I feel like a 3 and out is coming for Mayfield after the Ravens score.

1 Like

Let’s not get the Keenum thread shutdown again, please. I have political opinions, but I’ll keep them to myself. Everyone knows the rules.

If Case starts playing, let me know. I’ll watch.

14 Likes

Yep 3 and out for mayfield’s second drive…and then a fumbled punt!
Mayfield is 2/5 for 11 yards and 1 interception…
Jackson is 2/2 for 17 yards and 1 TD

2 Likes

Or if we had just kept kicking FG when we got into the red zone we would have beat UCF 18-17.