2022 Case Keenum Thread - Houston Texans back home where he belongs

Why not? They represent the angry old guy wanting to vent because things are “changing.” It hits home to many people. It sells.

1 Like

The guy looks like he’s always looking for approval from Chris Carter’s. lol

1 Like

Will give Bayless credit on Keenum as he’s spoken positively on both his shows about Case. First time was in 2013 when Case took over (Colts game?) and he had 3 passing TDs. He gave him credit on twitter and on his show.

And now he’s also backing Case a lot saying he’s always like his ‘verve, nerve, and spirit’…I mean not the most expressive compliments but I’ll take it.

I don’t watch the show except for the clips where they discuss Case. The most recent clip it appears Nick says what he thinks Carter wants to hear and looks shocked and unprepared when Carter goes the other way.

Especially when Carter threw Diggs under the bus for screwing up that catch. Carter was adamant that the int was not on Case, it was Diggs fault.

Unfortunately Case is stuck in the “waiting to fail” mentality of many talking heads. And I don’t understand why. For many it’s “Yeah but…”. Don’t get it… you’d think they’d celebrate this success story.

3 Likes

Carter starting to change his tune.

Offensive lineman Jeremiah Sirles said Keenum took an unfair share of the blame for the Vikings’ first loss in nine games.

“I think he had played tremendous,” Sirles said. “He was under duress for a lot of the day, and he made some big-time throws when we needed them. He came to the huddle and kept saying, ‘It’s not over, boys.’ And it wasn’t. We all knew it wasn’t. Case was out there and we were going to keep fighting for him because we knew he was going to keep fighting for us.

“That’s what I love about this offense and this group of guys. There’s no quit in any of us. It didn’t matter if we were down by 10 points or 30 points, we’re going to fight.”

Sirles said Keenum was hard on himself after the loss.

“Absolutely, that’s who Case is. He’s his worst critic,” he said. “He’s going to [take] the blame and shoulder the load even though we know we need to continue to play better so he can play the way he has.”

5 Likes

So nice to hear this from his teammates. It doesn’t matter what the media says when your team supports you.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/Vikings_Fan89/status/941092450734624768

4 Likes

So awesome to see all this support that he deserves. I hope they get the line healthy, get home field advantage, and can win the whole thing.

Considering his story and the Viking fan base, if he can lead them to the promise land they will enshrine him forever no matter what happens past this season.

3 Likes

The Cincy game should be good. Remember that Case and Dalton have played against each other before. Grrr…

Sounds like a TEAM. Maybe it’s time to bench Sirles too. <— sarcasm.

1 Like

Keenum v. William Jackson

Man i love rootin for case, but Willy is good, i mean dang good. Lets see how much case targets other side and center of the field.

Case with a beautiful 20 yd TD strike on 2nd and 16. Up 24-0

Barring something crazy, looks like the Vikings will win and the Eagles will lose. This will give them the top seed in the NFC again.

Didn’t see that coming. Yeah if they can’t beat New York then Dallas should beat them too. Vikes still need to win at green bay next week hopefully

Spoke too soon. A couple quick scores by the Eagles.

Viks vs Bungles just men vs boys today.
CBS already switched to Saints-Jets outside of Minn & Cinn markets.

Case just pinpoint sharp today.
13 of 15.

1 Like