2022 Case Keenum Thread - Houston Texans back home where he belongs

A co-worker of mine who follows pro football religiously is declaring the Browns as a potential playoff team even in 2018, due to an abundance of cap space coupled with a ton of early round draft picks.

So if that rings true at all then Cleveland may be an option for CK, the pedigree of that franchise notwithstanding.

2 Likes

In 2014, the Browns had 2 firsts (8 and 22), the 3rd pick in the 2nd, 2 thirds and 1 fourth. They used one of those firsts on one Johnny Manziel. In 2015, they had 2 firsts (12 and 19), a second, 2 thirds, 2 fourths, 3 sixths and 2 sevenths. In 2016, they had 1 first (15), 1 second, 3 thirds, 4 fourths, 4 fifths and 1 seventh. In 2017, they had 3 firsts (1 (Myles Garrett), 25 and 29), 1 second, 1 pick each in rounds 3-6 and 2 sevenths.

As for cap space, they have to convince quality players to want to go play there. It’s not just a money issue.

They have a recent history of tons of draft picks, including very early rounds. However, I’ve seen nothing from the Browns in my lifetime to suggest that any number of picks or any amount of cap space will turn that franchise around.

Imagine a scenario where they sign Keenum, Allen Robinson and Nate Solder, resign Josh Gordon and then draft Saquon Barkley and Quenton Nelson. They have more than enough cap space and draft capital to make that happen, and also three 2nd round picks, the first pick in the 3rd round and a ton more cap room to address defense and special teams.

1 Like

I can’t give this post enough likes. Exactly what I was thinking when I read Marcus’s post.

Listening to the kfan Minnesota on I heart radio they think he’s not coming back. They like Case but since they haven’t franchised him yet they seem to think he’s gone.

Something just broke.

Nothing but speculation that Cousins will be signed.

That sounds very likely. Cousins probably doesn’t need to do a cash grab after getting a franchise tag salary these last two years. So why not sign with a legit contender, play indoors, and still get a really fat contract.

It’ll be interesting to see how he fares in stats and wins vs Case’s 2017 year. If they win less than 13 games with Cousins that will make CK look really good!

5 Likes

Idk why theyre treating Case like that. Its not like Vikings were ever in the running for a playoff game till Case took the reins. Not only that but Case has proven himself repeatedly what more does he have to do to get the love he deserves? Its not like he doesnt have a NCAA record
 Oh wait
 Smh he should go to the browns, then when theyre in the playoffs and the texans, vikings and rams arent then theyll know how the f’d up.

Case has a window of opportunity to make a life changing amount of money. He needs to take advantage of it even if it means going to a team that isn’t positioned to win in 2018.

3 Likes

Den: Cousins, or Keenum + Baker

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/956734170755223552

“Josh Allen lottery” lol

Well, Blake Bortles signing an extension with Jacksonville drops the first domino to make it anyone’s guess.

Comments are a long “interesting” read

He’s better off signing with a better team.

The Vikings seem to be “cheap” to me.

They only paid him $2m including bonuses last year. I would call that cheap.

1 Like

dont read the comments. Bunch of ungrateful “fans” that were waiting for him [case] to fail. They want cousins let them.

Again, this is posted by Rappaport. He has been wrong plenty of times. Could it be correct? Sure and so is my dog predicting the weather tomorrow. This is free agency times. All real transactions are kept silent for good reasons. Do you show your cards when you play poker?
Facts:
Case drove the Vikings bus to the NFC Championship? When did this last happen? 2009
Thielen is now a pro bowler after four seasons in the NFL. His Avg is better this year than last year with Bradford.
He accomplished all of the above without training with the first Team in training camp.
I keep writing it but we all have to remember that the NFL is a business. Some of you think that Cleveland is not a good landing spot for Case. The NFL and clubs have proven to all of us that they could care less about players. Case deserves all of the money that he can possibly get. I find it utterly disgusting to think that Case benefited from a system. All QB’s do. All Coaches do. All players do.
Again, Cousins is regarded as a better QB. I’ll ask the same questions again.
How many years did he have with the Redskins?
How many Conference Championships did he go to?
How many players benefited from his play?
How many seasons did the OC’s designed the offense around his strength and with what results?
How come the Redskins let him go if he was so effective?
I read this rebuttal from a pro Case fan:
"Not only did Keenum make Shurmur a wealthy man he may have saved Rick and Zim’s job. He made Thielen a pro bowler and Diggs a star. He bailed out what could have been a porous offensive line and by moving the chains he kept the defense fresh and improved their stats. CASE is the gift that keeps on giving. PAY THE MAN!"
No I did not write that one, lol but you must admit he has a point. Without Case they had a hobbled Bridewater. His quick inclusion showed how un-prepared he was. Sloter, the third string QB you might say. He never stepped on the field.
NFL is not for long but also NOT FOR LOYALTY

4 Likes

Denver Broncos.
Re- Unite with Gary Kubiak.
Good Offensive Line with plenty of weapons.
Plus, he will be somewhere where he is wanted.

1 Like

I am not particularly a fan of him going to Denver, but you are correct. It is probably one of the best situations for him unless Cleveland decided to do some miraculous turnaround with free agency and draft picks.

There is a good core of wide receivers in Denver, good offensive line, and a pretty good defense. He could probably re-create what he did at Minnesota in Denver.