2022 Case Keenum Thread - Houston Texans back home where he belongs

Kirk Cousins and Teddy Bridgewater haven’t done enough in the NFL to impress me at all…I am not seeing the Cousins love at all. I am not seeing why so many want Case Keenum to fail as well…including coaches…UNBELIEVABLE…all the kid has done is light it up, yet the boo birds scream louder…P5 influence scream loud in the NFL and having a successful UH QB in the NFL really hurt people feelings…They want us to have QBs that bust at the NFL level…

1 Like

Star Tribune writer that has been covering Vikings for a long, long time and has pulse of team owners and front office. Interesting what he is saying, could he be laying groundwork to break story with inside info?

Case has the support of the locker room; from article referenced below:
Another factor that has to be considered is that receivers Adam Thielen, Stefon Diggs, tight end Kyle Rudolph and other favorite offensive weapons have made it clear that they’re hoping that Keenum comes back.

The locker room next season could be very sad if the Vikings don’t make a strong bid to bring him back. The camaraderie in the locker room during the 2017 season was talked about often by Zimmer, and he said he had never seen a group like those Vikings.

I have spent a lot of time in that locker room over the years, and without a doubt Keenum was one of the most popular players to ever put on a Vikings uniform.

Also from article:
Rest assured that the Wilf family wants to keep on winning, and that means the Vikings ownership will help General Manager Rick Spielman get any quarterback he wants. And if you want my opinion, it’s Keenum — and not the Redskins’ Kirk Cousins, or any other quarterback.

8 Likes

red80 I am glad you brought this article up (beat me to it) The writer has covered the Vikings for decades. This is the first pro Case article in a long long time. Thank you for posting red80.

3 Likes

I really hope that this writer is right. It rubs me the wrong way to see how well Case did and have people show envy or disdain for his success. People just don’t like being wrong.

2 Likes

I checked on the writer and he is 97 years old, been writing for the Star Tribune since 1945, and covering the Vikings since their inception. He is described as the most powerful man in sports in Minnesota. Amazing, still going strong at 97.

I would think this gives a lot of credence to what he has to say.

5 Likes

My second cousin is a surveyor and he is still active at 94. .

2 Likes

Awesome article. Thank you very much for posting red80.

Hopefully he is right about Case. Then next year Case can take the Vikings to the Super Bowl and win before this guy has to “hang it up” permanently. Just a little something for a guy that’s given his whole life the one football team.

1 Like

A report broke early Sunday that the Jets office believes Cousins is already leaning firmly towards the Vikings. Several of the internets sites have picked up the story with PFT being the first.

I believe this is the best case scenario for Case Keenum.

1. all other team GMs view him as someone who simply got passed over in favor of the most hotly sought-after and expensive FA QB to date

2. his FA value will be as high as could be due to above. The Jets in particular would look to bring him in to offset being ditched by Cousins

3. he doesn’t have to face having to repeat or surpass his 2017 performance had he resigned. Regardless the fans in Min will be in his corner for what he did his only season there, and even more so if Cousins messes the bed

And of course he’ll be signing with a team whose coach will be on board with him from Day 1. No backhanded comments week after week along with an obsession with defense matters only.

The teams we should expect to recruit him will be among Denver, Phoenix, Cleveland and New York. One week from tomorrow will be start of recruiting and two days later signing day, March 14.

3 Likes

Hopefully he can sign with either the brocos or cardinals. They have rosters set up to win right away and are just in need of competent qb play. The browns and jets not so much.

3 Likes

From 24/7, it looks like the Vikings are going to go with Cousins or depend upon a QB who hasn’t completed a pass in two years. Case is still getting no respect even from a team he lead to the division championship. I hope he goes to the Cardinals or the Broncos so he will have a good team around him.
https://247sports.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/Bolt/Minnesota-Vikings-quarterback-decision-Everything-we-know-so-far-115870559

1 Like

After all the guessing and opinions and rumors I can say the Vikings are definitely the most hush hush team I’ve ever seen. No one has any clue what is going on.

1. Vikings quarterback Case Keenum.

On ESPN’s too 100 free agent list he is no 3

Check out this idiotic hit piece

Piece of junk. That’s what it is.

I’m not particularly a fan of Case going to Denver, but just out of spite it would be pretty awesome for him to go there and then light up the Chiefs twice a year for the next however many years he plays. I’d love to see what this jack@55 has to say then.

FanSided article…basically just a guy on the internet.

3 Likes

A girl wrote it.

1 Like

Your absolutely right! It just made me laugh!