#24 Houston Cougars

Disagree. Helps tremendously when you can show recruits you been consistently ranked. You show recruits new Development Center, new Arena, top 25 program, like CKS said now we talking about "big time College basketball ".

2 Likes

I meant right now as we face our next series of opponents. I didn’t mean overall.

Yes, I reread your post and see what you mean. But bottom line rather be 8-0 than say 6-2 w losses to like Drexel last year. Long way to go but realistically in order to make Sweet16 need be at least in that 4-6 Seed. Otherwise if you’re say an 8 seed you playing #1 seed in rd of 32. #GoCoogs

Agree 100%.

I think I’m too Coog Superstitious. We do have an uncanny habit of biting it right after teacher gives us a gold star.

Going for 2nd Gold Star this week n put us in top 20 in both polls!

OSU on the road, BYU on the road, Oregon and LSU should be 12 to 15th.

1 Like

Cool thing about b-ball is the blue ribbon teams have time to sort things out. OSU could still pay dividends. Oregon too. BYU will be much better down the stretch.

Oregon just got back Louis King, their second best player. They should be racking some wins up. BYU beat Utah at Utah by double figures.

That’s why I didn’t initially mentioned the undefeated record on Twitter. But everyone did; great promotional tool, though for attendance.

The higher and longer we are ranked, the more opportunities for television media outlets to carry the feed. Football and basketball are the only two revenue producing sports most programs have at their disposal.

Question: How much money would we make if a game was originally not scheduled to be carried on television and suddenly it is? Also, does anyone know if we were scheduled to be aired on ESPN3, then it changes to ESPN, is there more money to be made? Perhaps silly questions, but I’m curious to know the answer.

UH won’t profit directly. But it could help when the conference goes to renegotiate the TV contracts.

I’m not sure how networks determine the amount of money to distribute to conferences, but I thought they would charge advertisers a certain amount that are aired during the game. A certain amount of that would be distributed to conferences. Commercials on ESPN may cost more than commercial on ESPN3. During primetime ESPN may charge even more.

Correct me if my thoughts are wrong.

The Cougars have not been ranked in back-to-back seasons since 1983-84.

2 Likes