5-Star Jarace Walker Sets Official Visit Date with Houston

I want both of these kids, but having watched games through the PHI SLAMMA JAMA years, Walker reminds me of a young Drexler with his size and athleticism. That kid loves to play above the rim. I’ll be happy if we sign either of them

1 Like

NIL for Progs?

When Clyde was at UH did he play the “3”?
Isn’t Walker more of a power forward? Or is he a “3” as well?

Walker is a college four. In the mold of Corliss Williamson, PJ Tucker, etc—bulky, athletic, 6-7 ish forward with some point forward/wing skills.

Does Pj hit shoot the three well?

This kid does!

Love his game and going we feel him in too.

CMON Kellen!!

PJ Tucker can splash corner 3s. But doesn’t have much skill or athleticism, just really strong and gives a lot of effort

My Walker comparison would be Bam, but I think with a better shot

Progs?

2 Likes

So, if we sign Walker, would he be a higher rated recruit than Arceneaux? Would he be our highest ever?

3 Likes

Walker, House, and then Arceneaux.

4 Likes

Shame on you! hahaha!

1 Like

And we only have one final four appearance lol

1 Like

Not really getting into an argument that is subjective. Y’all have already done that.

Just going by pure rankings, Walker would be the highest we have ever signed. Don’t really care to argue about guys from the 60s, 70s, and 80s.

2 Likes

It’s worthless information then.

3 Likes

since the start of the 247 composite rankings

6 Likes

Make believe world we live in. Then ok, I identify as UH’s greatest student journalist of all time!
Oh wait I’m too old for that list lol

2 Likes

Ahhh haha.

Frustrating. But I’ve come to realize this ranking/rating stuff is trash, oh I can’t forget the composite scores. I’m just shocked more old timers don’t have an issue w the stuff that is posted on here as facts. Let the young ones have their fun. And remember I’m the tallest person in the World as long as it’s just my Home that is the measuring point. That’s pretty much it.
Onward I guess.

1 Like

This is what it is. But it’s still kind of a joke and a bit shortsighted to “claim” a recruit as a best “all time commit” when you only include a small portion of any program’s history.

For example, 247 Composite shows the following misleading results as “all-time commits”:

North Carolina’s all-time best - Harrison Barnes? (vs Michael Jordan, James Worthy, et al)
UCLA all-time best - Shabazz Mohammad? (vs Kareem Jabbar, Bill Walton, et al)

Either one of those 2 recent over-rated guys deserves a really big “Who’s He?” from me.

3 Likes

I certainly hope we count UH before the year 2000. It was much better in prior years. :joy:
Not real sure how difficult it would be to acknowledge the 2nd highest rated player in 20 years. No reason we cannot be proud of this era and still protect our great history that had basically been crap for the majority of 30 years. Not try to prolong this just seems like one of the dumbest things to argue.
Anyhow back to the Walker comparison. I haven’t seen him but seems there may be some similarities to Zion? Is he as big, athletics, ability to score as easy in the paint?

3 Likes