5 Under the Radar/Sleeper Guys: Offense

I am going to do on for defense as well (later tonight). Basically 5 guys who nobody is talking about that will be noticed by the end of the season excluding freshmen.

1. WR Terry Mark: Initially committed to UH out of HS, but went to Juco before enrolling at UH. With the lack of experience at the WR position this season Mark has a chance to make a name for himself. He showed flashes of what he can do in the spring game by catching a touchdown.

2. TE Sid Turnbull-Frazier: Another guy who had a pretty good spring game. With Romello Booker as the only TE with experience Turnbull-Frazier could challenge for playing time. He has the size (6’5) to be a pretty good threat near the redzone.

3. OG/C Keenan Murphy: A forgotten highly ranked recruit during Herman’s first full class. Played tackle in HS but in college is a guard or C. I can see him pushing for playing time should one of Noble, Denley or whoever starts at RG gets hurt.

4. WR Tre’von Bradley: Speedy WR who converted from playing QB his HS year. Based on what I have been hearing he was pretty good during spring practice.

5. OL Dennis Bardwell: Would not be surprised if he isn’t pushing for a starting RT or guard spot by the end of the season,

6 Likes

No doubt about it, with Briles here, this is the opportunity our speedy young WRs have been waiting for. Let’s see if they can get it done. I’m really looking forward to seeing what Marquez Stevenson can do if he can stay healthy.

1 Like

i didn’t want to mention Stevenson because he got PT as a freshman coming back from his injury. no doubt I’m excited to see him play (knocks on wood) a full season.

2 Likes

Nice job, Alfred.

I’m really pulling for Stevenson too. A lot of heartbreak and obstacles for him to overcome so far. Hopefully he can stay healthy and if he ends up having a breakout year he will definitely have one of those great stories of overcoming great adversity and going on to glory.