50 Million Donation announced at Board Meeting

But Bryant, don’t you know that Flugar has inside information from a reliable source? He wouldn’t put us on, honest injun.

1 Like

Do you really think we will ever get in a P5 conference?

1 Like

Just an ignorant question I have.
Are RK’s ultimate goals for Houston as follows
Academic - AAU
Athletic - P5
?

Not that those two are not interconnected in some way. Just curious since it would appear she is committed to the long haul here.

3 Likes

I just don’t get why so many are anti-flugar or others that write about expansion. In most cases, it is pro UH and adds visibility. We all know that nothing is forthcoming any time soon and any expansion decisions are way above the pay scale of those publicly commenting. Enjoy the free pub and have some fun with it.

4 Likes

Wasn’t there some guy tweeting a few months back about UH being mentioned in the Pac12 at some meetings? Whatever happened with that?

1 Like

Renu and Tillman are like two ducks on a pond…we see them out there. But there is a whole lotta stuff going on beneath the surface that we cannot see…:smiley:

4 Likes

I think the race is on between UH and UT-Dallas to be the next AAU quality school in Texas.

Mike, I don’t think he’s putting us on at least not dishonestly. He’s just got a guy who he trusts who feeds him info. Like a huge majority of these sources and leaks they’re just used to guide the conversation where the real players want it to go/test opinions.

1 Like

Did you ever think we would get a medical school?

6 Likes

No I did not think we would ever get a medical school or be Tier 1. I’m so proud of our University. Our President rocks! She deserves a raise.

8 Likes

Did you’d ever think we’d be strong enough to stop UT from trying to set up a campus in our city…well we did!

1 Like

Pump the brakes. They still have not sold the land.

1 Like

Yes we have our good eye on them.

Does this donation have anything to do with David Koch’s death?

I think her goals involve taking us to the highest levels in all things. In order to do that, you have to have a drive to be better, regardless of how good you are or what level of accomplishment/recognition you might have already achieved.

Conference affiliation (ie P5 status) will depend at least as much on academics, research, etc as it does on athletic performance, facilities, etc.

3 Likes

That’s still not confirmed. Besides we don’t have the kind of pull to keep them from joining the Big 10, if that what both the Big 10 and UT want, even if that means UH will be left out again.

No, Fertitta said that the donator was a veteran. My guess is that it’s Richard Kinder…he’s been giving out quite a bit of money to different entities around Houston lately, including $15M to Rice a few years ago. He’s originally a Mizzou grad, but he’s been in Houston for a long time.

3 Likes