6th in Final AP Poll

I think 9 is the ceiling. If we would have played and beaten south Florida maybe we could move some more. But at the end of the day we will be tournament bound and we all have a chance!

2 Likes

That has already happened this year.

With geography out the window the big challenge will be spreading out all the B10 and B12 teams that will make it. They have rules about limiting rematches until later rounds. Some of these teams could play each other 4 times this year if they continue to advance in conference and NCAA tournaments.

I think they have always been pretty solid in basketball. Not to mention, they are building a brand new arena and always get good recruits. (Durant, Aldridge etc.)

#4 Texas 2pt loss at home to #15 Tech (2nd loss for tu)
_
#6 Kansas 5pt loss at Ok St (loss #3 for KU)
_
#9 Wisconsin 23pt loss at #7 Michigan (3rd loss for WI)
_
#7 Michigan 18pt loss at #23 Minnesota (first UMich loss)
_
#8 Creighton 4pt loss in OT to (3-7) Butler

UH should pass up Creighton and Wisconsin who will have two more losses than UH. Kansas may be close and I think voters give slight edge to UH.

1. Gonzaga
  2. Baylor
  3. Villanova
  4. iowa
  5. Tennessee
  6. tu
  7. Michigan
  8. Houston
  9. Kansas
3 Likes

Close but kansas will be #8 due to voter bias

3 Likes

The Rothstein picks. Good ranking in my opinion. Of course that fool Seth Davis knocked us back a spot. If we were in his beloved b10, probably a 3. :sunglasses:

https://twitter.com/jonrothstein/status/1351152610833649665?s=21

https://twitter.com/sethdavishoops/status/1351001081086701572?s=21

I think Texas should be behind Houston Rest is fine.

1 Like

Michigan gets blown out by18 and is #5?

3 Likes

We finally get to see #3 Villanova tomorrow night. Feels like they haven’t played since last year at this point.
UConn’s back too.

I have Coogs coming in at #9. Passing Wisc & Creighton n just behind KU.

Baylor v Kansas is tonight. If Baylor puts a whooping on Kansas like I think they should, we should move ahead of Kansas next week.

1 Like

This week is huge

On Wednesday we are playing for 1st place

On Sunday we have a real scheduling advantage over Cincinnati, They have to play a later Wed night game on the east coast then travel to Houston on 2 days rest.

9. Houston Cougars (10-1)
Previous ranking: 11
This week: vs. Tulsa (Wednesday), vs. Cincinnati (Saturday)

While Caleb Mills’ departure has opened up more opportunities for the Cougars’ perimeter players, one of the biggest beneficiaries has been forward Justin Gorham. He has started every game this season but has taken his production to new levels over the past four games. Gorham went for 15 points and nine boards in Sunday’s easy win over UCF, and he’s now averaging 11.0 points and 12.3 rebounds in the past four. During that stretch, he has scored in double-figures three times, grabbed at least nine rebounds in every game and tallied two double-doubles. Prior to this four-game stretch, Gorham had scored in double-figures once all season and was averaging 6.0 points and 7.5 rebounds in his first eight games. It provides some balance for the Cougars and also gives Kelvin Sampson a high-level rebounder.

3 Likes

This is 3rd straight year Coogs have been ranked consistently. You start to get the recognition when you have good teams year after year n get the benefit of doubt when a loss may occur. The Blue Bloods will always get the benefit of the doubt. Coogs just need to stay in 2-3 Seed line and that will be great. The AAC being down this year n only having one team ranked is not good thg for anyone in the Conf. Any Coog loss will have them slip more than other Teams will/would within other Confs imo.

3 Likes

That game against Cincy is actually Saturday 11:00 a.m. on Natl TV-- CBS.

As duly noted by Jim Nantz during his football game yesterday. Never misses a chance to acknowledge the Coogs.

6 Likes

This team plays hard enough and plays such good defense it will be in every game it plays, including second weekend and possibly third weekend games in March.

If Deeky, Sasser and Q get hot, there isn’t a team the Coogs can’t beat. Will they go all the way to the final four? Tune in and find out but it a realistic outcome.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/TheAndyKatz/status/1351188232629854214?s=19

1 Like

Tech and Boise are rising in the ranks, that is a good thing.