7-1 not deserving of rank, 2 Hesiman candidates not deserving of rank

So this thread doesn’t apply to you then if it’s such a “waste of time”. Why’d you even open it? You shouldn’t waste your time responding. Such a foolish thing to do.

1 Like

Houston victories: Rice (1-8), Arizona (4-5), Texas Southern (2-6, 1-AA), Tulsa (1-7), East Carolina (2-5), Navy (2-6), and South Florida (7-1). Lost to Texas Tech (5-3). Combined win/loss for teams Houston have beaten (19-38), only notable win is against South Florida. Upcoming games: SMU (3-5), Temple (5-3), Tulane (3-5), Memphis (4-4). The Cougars have to win out and hope UCF also win out until the AAC championship game.

At least UH has a notable win…

1 Like

Problem is that both us and UCF winning out puts us in the bounce house for CCG. Tough place to win.

If you continue to look, you discover that the brand names are pretty watered down to in their resume but the packaging is nice and the brand is recognizable. So while the UH resume does not look impressive, you have to go through the games everyone has played and see if 6-2 is really that much better than 7-1. I am going to guess the UT one looks very similar to these except that they beat OU. And we know OU is really good because their signature win is…oh wait, OU passes that eye test thingy. Got it. Sorry, was holding everyone to the same standard.

OU’s schedule (in case it was not clear)

2 Likes

3 ABC games not enough…

What three games did we have on abc? Arizona, USF and?? Tt was on fox. Most importantly who said we aren’t deserving of rank and 2 heisman candidates?

This is a gut punch, reminds me of the days leading up to the SMU game two years ago when we were turned away at the altar. Hope our kids can overcome and look the other way.

1 Like

how do you know? houston offense would trounce fsu.

Our being left out is not about thier stupid playoff. It’s about a NY6 bowl birth which now we don’t control own destiny to reacg because this bullshit comittee chose to rank Fresno and a bunch of mediocre teams instead of Houston. Not ranking 4-3 Iowa St hurts nobody because being in the Big-12 they can still play themselves in but we can’t.
They rigged it with Wash St. at 8 to market thier playoff on the west coast and threw a bone to the AAC and MWC but didn’t really rank us. They unranked us

1 Like

I think it is hard for anyone to pay attention to any AAC team besides UCF

Since 2017 that’s all you hear about… UCF UCF UCF UCF

MWC doesn’t have a ‘UCF’ that gets all the attention

Really one of the main reasons why I want to beat an undefeated UCF to end all of this madness

Don’t get exercised guys. Fresno isn’t the enemy. We are. If we thump the rest of our opponents we jump them like a bullfrog out of red hot Crisco.

And, yes, winning at UCF will be hard but it’s the crappy hand we’ve been dealt. Eight games into the season and our destiny is still in our hands.

All things considered, I’ll take it.

1 Like

Right you are…one Fox. I don’t remember seeing UH on tv as much in a long time…

Combined win/loss for teams Houston have beaten (19-38),
Combined win/loss for teams Fresno St have beaten (26-34)
Guess for your self who has the more impressive record . . . . .

Ya know what, @#$/ em, we knew we had to win out to get ny6 anyways.

I don’t have to guess who has the more impressive opponent record. It’s neither.

If you want to go strictly by records and roughly equate a win over 4-5 Arizona to a win over 3-5 Idaho, then we can agree to disagree on going strictly by opponents’ overall record.

I am beginning to believe the UCF conspiracy theory that a Top 20 ranking for UH now coupled with a #12 for UCF could cause problems for the CFP if both win out and face each other in the AAC Championship.

2 Likes

The only quality win we have is USF.

ONLY thing that matters is win out and get in the NY6 Bowl. Once get into a P5 then can worry about CFP, until then it’s a pipe dream for any G5 to think evan have remote shot at getting in

I don’t disagree and the quality of that win can be debated. My point was directed at those arguing that UH didn’t deserve to be in the Top 25 due to the SOS argument. The whole process is subjective but, if you are going to analyze the UH schedule, then you have to do the same to the other teams. It’s not like UH is the only one with a weak resume.

2 Likes

Several teams in the CFP top 25 have 0 ranked wins. We have a ranked win against a previously undefeated team that actually earned their ranking. They were 7-0. If they had beaten us at 8-0 they would have been top 20 across the board easily this week. That spot we kicked them out of is ours since we’re 7-1. That’s how the polls/rankings are supposed to work. The now meaningless AP/Coaches polls understand that.

3 Likes