86-year-old man, son graduate together from UH

Herschel and Judy secretly submitted an application to Lone Star on Kenneth’s behalf. In 2014, both Levins graduated with a two-year degree and decided to attend the University of Houston together.

Once Kenneth and Herschel started taking college classes together, Kenneth had one goal - to graduate with his son. Every class Kenneth has taken has been with Herschel enrolled in the same class.

Great story Patrick. Thank you for posting.

More graduation stories:

Taylor Williams, 24, of Dallas, crossed the stage as family cheered in relief after spending many nights in the hospital with her daughter Grace, 2, who has suffered from six different medical conditions since she was born.

Williams said she received her bachelor’s degree in psychology at Texas Women’s University in Denton and decided to take on the masters of education in Houston because she wanted to focus on preventive measures and keep children from heading down the wrong path. The summer before graduate school, Williams said she found out she was pregnant.

Webber had a final on May 8 and her due date for her first-born child was scheduled for just three days later. But when baby Beau didn’t arrive on time, Maggie thought maybe she and Beau were meant to walk across the stage together.

“When we made it through Friday all day, I was like ‘I’m going to get to go to graduation! Alright!’ And then my water broke at midnight and I was like, ‘Ok yes!’ And it didn’t even enter my head that I’d be missing graduation,” Webber said.

1 Like

Awesome stories!!!