A Very Telling Comment?

Based on Twitter rant from Duarte I interpreted his use of this Sampson quote to be more “look at me” I’m under appreciated by UH fans that say the Chronicle gives UH less coverage than it gives UT and A&M. Maybe I misinterpreted but he pulled quote and tweeted in same timeframe he was bickering with a UH fan on Twitter.

I agree Randy! 4-1 finish will put them worse case in the 5/6 seeding range. Currently a #7 w Lunardi n few other bracketology sites.

He did it the next day after twitter spat w someone who hates the Chron and tries to call out JD every chance he gets. So JD will have to call him out n show him how his comments might have been more accurate 5+ yrs ago but they aren’t so today in the least bit. I know there are many Chron haters on here so be it, but many haven’t taken or read the local paper for long time. As a Subcriber for 30+ yrs I never feel slighted on coverage I’m able to read abt Coogs vs the other big Univs in our State. Just like the Dallas paper has to cover SMU, UT, A&M, TXTECH, TCU on and on , someone is always going to feel slighted for their Univ. . I’ll leave it there and i know most here will disagree w me but that’s ok bec imo JD-Chron coverage is night/day compared to UH coverage as little as 5 yrs ago.
#GoCoogs

2 Likes

And yes after my long post to answer your question-- Yes I feel it was put out there as a message. Take time to appreciate what you have vs always complaining about how things are terrible and need to be better. The twitter complainant (comes on here) is just vicious and non-stop in his attacks on JD-Chron. And btw he he has me blocked on Twitter as he does many other UH Alums, fans as myself so I dont even see most of his rants probably. #Sad

The guy after Duarte and The Chron is a smart-#ss who obviously needs constant attention.

In my opinion Sampson called out the 2 players.

And tomorrow night we will see their response.

100% agree with first part of your post.

On 2nd part are you saying that neither Grimes nor Jarreau will start? :thinking:

Nevermind on 2nd part. I reread your post. Your just waiting to see how they respond not if they will start.

Last week’s article about Sasser is one of the best pieces i’ve read this season!

1 Like

Great piece. He does a lot of behind the scenes reads like that. The problem is majority on here don’t read it bec they’re not subscribers. Anyway I don’t want to get into all that,I know their other reasons why they don’t subscribe. All I know is I get a ton of info through Duarte for UHAthletics and am glad we have him available to cover UHCoogs.

Duarte is on Twitter. Easy to keep up with our Coogs that way.

1 Like

Yep agree Robert. Very active on twitter and abt 95% is info on Coogs, he does like to show his growing kid doing activities at times but pretty much Coogs majority time on his twitter feed. I was talking more on his stories on a certain player, coach where you need be subscriber to read those.

1 Like

I don’t do Twitter so it sounds like I am missing something. I guess I can live with that.

2 Likes