AAC to require testing 72 hours before football games

Are they also going to require the team to be quarantined between test and game?

Good luck with that. I’m trying to find a place that’ll give me results within 72 hours and so far only found one and it’s cash only wit no guarantee of 72 hours.

8 days…still waiting on my test results.

Clearly the AAC plans to play.

I’m not sure why CFB conferences aren’t trying to find a a way for the football players to follow the NBA-Disney World plan. The student athletes can be quarantined and take online classes. Just an idea.

1 Like

This is insane!!! Complete security theater. Do these folks know what an incubation period is?

1 Like

What happens when you have a positive test? The team will have been around each other all week for practice. Wouldn’t the whole team be possible cases by game time?

2 Likes

That is why there won’t be football. They line up inches away from each other blowing snot at each other.

1 Like

My son has been tested 6 times. The teams’ results are within 24 hours And there is protocol if it comes back positive.

6 Likes

I got tested earlier this week from Kelsey Seybold and got my results back in under 24 hours. Negative.

3 Likes

I too got Kelsey seybold results within a day and a half. Got tested on a Saturday at 12 and woke up Monday with results.

2 Likes

My aunt and cousin got their results back within 36 hours as well… My aunt did a few tests as she was positive but is now negative with antibodies present in her system. My grandma didn’t fair as well and passed away last week due to an aortic aneurysm that I believe was a byproduct of her preexisting heart conditions and her body fighting COVID.

My wife just delivered our son. She had to be tested prior. She had her results back in 24 hours.

2 Likes

Coincidentally I heard a news report about major flack in Florida because sports teams are getting results in 24 hours while the general public, using the same labs, is taking 5-10 days. The flack involves legislature possibly eliminating sports teams from having access to the labs in front of the public.

Congrats!

1 Like

Congratulations on the youngster!

1 Like

Congrats!!

1 Like

Congratulations on your fatherhood, a new Cougar in the making !

1 Like

Sorry about your grandma…tough news.

2 Likes

He has an older sister. I wouldn’t be mad if both chose UH. This university has opened a lot of doors for me.

I also wouldn’t be mad if Dana is in our living room recruiting my boy down the road. Would mean he’s been successful here at UH!

1 Like