AAC Tourney Thread

If ECU wins, is the championship game a single elimination game?

yes

Unless they have changed the rules I believe it is a single elimination regardless if one team has a single loss
Go Coogs

bigmc is correct. double elimination in bracket play, but 1 gm Ship btw ea of 2 bracket winners. GoCoogs!!

Yep; TV reasons as the championship game is on ESPNNews.

ECU now up 2-0 in the Top of the 5th.

Trying to figure out who we’d face if the score holds and my best guess is that we’ll see Kirk Morgan tomorrow. Morgan is a senior who was the 3B, but they through him in as a starter halfway through the season, and he’s been good: 3-0 1.82 ERA in 5 starts, 24.2IP, 12H, 6R, 5ER, 4BB 20K.

ECU can hit and can hit for power; problem this year has been their pitching, both their starters and their bullpen. Coogs hopefully will score runs tomorrow.

ECU up 2-0 after the fifth

ECU up 4-0 going to the abottom of the 7th. Looks like we’ll get the Pirates tomorrow.

ECU fans in the chat claiming that they’ll pitch Kruz tomorrow if they win here. Pray, what do you think? On 4 days rest?

I think the Coogs would be happy if they brought him back against us.

I don’t see it. Guy has been injured for most of this year and you bring him back on short rest after throwing 102 pitches. Maybe you bring him in for a couple of innings in relief, but they would be playing with fire starting him, and I don’t mean in regards to win/loss. Kid does have a career to think of going forward.

I did hear they were warming up Morgan so I doubt they start him either. Jacob Wolfe’s an option, albeit not a great one. Maybe they’ll just go with a kitchen sink game.

1 Like

According to the Raleigh newspaper :

ECU will start senior left-hander Evan Kruczynski (4-2, 4.47 ERA) on Sunday against Houston.

I guess they feel they have no other choice. Kruczynski hasn’t been great since his return from injury though:

UCF 4/15: 5IP 3H 1R 1ER 0BB 2K
Cincy 4/22: 8IP 1H 0R 0ER 0BB 6K
Tulane 4/29: 5.2IP 8H 7R 7ER 3BB 3K
USF 5/5: 6IP 8H 5R 5ER 0BB 5K
Memphis 5/12: 7IP 7H 3R 3ER 1BB 8K
UCF 5/23: 6IP 8H 2R 1ER 0BB 3K

Coogs did not face him this year as he came back after that series. Coogs did face him last year as he outdueled Andrew Lantrip - 7IP 9H 1R 1ER 1BB 8K. One of the many games that the Coogs left a ton of runners on base last year

ECU did beat up on John King earlier this year, King went 4.1IP 7H 6ER 6R 0BB 2K, but the Coogs came back to win 9-6 in a game that Freddy Villarreal pitched 4.2 innings of shutout ball. That was probably King’s worst outing of the season.