After interception, true freshman ready to make his mark

Kid was real impressive against Tech as well. He probably will be starting before the end of the season.

After interception, true freshman ready to make his mark

Blum said it does not matter how old a player is or how much experience they have; he will start the best players in his defensive line room. Because of the effort in practice and his game play, the coaches have given Turner more opportunities in games than other freshmen.

Despite the two big plays and all the extra attention this week, Turner continues to have his mind on only one thing: football.

“It was crazy and the loudest place I have ever been in my life after that play,” Turner said. “Everyone swarmed me, and I was so happy, but right now, I just have to keep my head down, keep grinding in the weight room and on the field, and I need to stay hungry.”

3 Likes

He is a testament to recruiting rankings. Complete garbage past the top 20 players in each class

1 Like

I agree. I think once you get to your low 4 stars and below it’s all about evaluating talent. Personally, I’d rather have a good evaluator like briles or Levine than a good salesman like Herman

4 Likes

I agree that Briles is a good evaluator of talent but don’t think Tony Levine holds a candle compared to him.

I’m going to be cheering hard for 98.

He may not have had the Texas ties that Briles did but Levine has quite a few guys that he brought into UH that are in the NFL right now…

4 Likes

Don’t feed the troll. He is trying to get someone to argue with him.

3 Likes

My thought is that Levine didn’t evaluate talent well when he was here. My apologies if you feel that is arguing.

I’m not easily offended so no complaints here.

Skills players he was damn good at.

Coaching talent… that’s another story.

2 Likes

Agreed!