Allen vs Postma

I really want Allen to succeed; however, I’m also glad to see CMA make the point that King and Postma will get a chance to get more reps.

The conference title is still the goal, and there’s a lot of football yet to be played.

Go COOGS!

2 Likes

I just want the team to succeed. Whether that’s because Allen figures it out and delivers the goods or because someone else steps up is really of no consequence.

4 Likes

Moving on to Temple. Practice this afternoon,don’t be late!
CMA

1 Like

There was one a-hole in particular in my section calling Kyle Allen a P.O.S. for his performance. I wanted him out of the game in the 3rd quarter, but it’s the way the guy was calling him out. I certainly never plan on getting into the habit of being so frustrated that I’m calling my fellow Coogs a P.O.S.

Nonetheless, I say all of that to say that when Postma nearly through that interception, the whole section turned around and looked at the loudmouth. It was funny.

1 Like

Good Lord, what are people thinking calling our players out like that?

Some folks just lose all sense of decency and logic when they only look at the uber-negative. The players are young people who are training, working and taking on physical punishment to play this game. They want to succeed way more than any fan sitting in the stands.

Next time, call that guy out for not being a good COOG and more importantly, for not being a good person. I’m sure that guy and his kids (if he has any) has succeeded at absolutely everything in life… . . . right.

2 Likes

I’m with you on Allen. Bench him and give someone else a chance. Having said that, I think Postma has already had his chance(s) so while I would start him this week against a week Temple team I would not hesitate to put King in if Postma even hints at struggling.

Oh, man – you don’t even know the half. They recognized our section (young alumni) and he loudly boasts: “I NEVER TOOK A CLASS HERE! NOT ONE!” I didn’t know UH football had the status to have T-shirt fans, but I guess that’s a testament to show how far we’ve come. But it also comes with some obnoxious people from time to time. I did my best not to engage, but there were other people holding him accountable. He was being just really drunk, loud and sloppy. His wife ended up leaving the game before him because of his antics.

It was a bit of a hostile atmosphere Saturday, but it was embarrassing that it was a UH fan being more obnoxious than Tech fans – at least where I was. I love the Coogs and love being able to have season tickets, but this was one of those games I somewhat would have preferred to watch on my couch. I had never seen a loss in TDECU’s history and it stinks that the streak was broken, but that’s what streaks are meant for. Just definitely not a fan of a negative atmosphere when things aren’t going right. It’s fine to voice frustrations, but show some class while you’re doing it.

1 Like

I would have called him out and if he didn’t shut up, I’d get him kicked out. There is no room for that behavior in college sporting events.

3 Likes

I’m missing the SMU game, but I’ll definitely consider doing it at another home game in the future if he keeps up the nastiness. There are a few people who like to bring their young kids and I can understand how uncomfortable it might make parents when some drunk dude is cussing up a storm. He was in our section last year and was unbearable then too, but the product on the field was a little different. I’m considering changing my section, but our group really likes everyone else that we share the section with. This guy just sucks.

The next game you attend (before the game starts) tell the stadium attendant(s) in your section what this guy has done at the previous games. If they hear him cussing they will give him one warning. If he continues they will have him removed from the stadium. We had a similar problem in year one of TDECU and Cougar Pride told me to not confront the guy but get the stadium attendants involved. If you confront him it could escalate to a bigger problem for you.

3 Likes

Temple won’t be easy unless CMA is willing to make some changes for the betterment of the team.
The Houston offense needs a Ward/King type of QB to make it really work and be different from other teams.

I have no problem giving Allen a series or two IF he protects the ball. Bring in Postma or King and give the defense a different look.

I will be totally disgusted with Major IF he does not adjust this week.

The old saying still holds true "Doing the same old thing over and over give you the same old results?

Considering that Ward was close to winning a Heisman and the offense has not been changed, a new version of Ward makes total sense to me.

I was ready to see a change in the second quarter, but Allen really came out and looked good in the first drive of the 3rd quarter…until he didn’t. He made some excellent throws, quick reads, and had the offense moving, but then the INT just totally deflated them. Didn’t have many positive plays after that.

I’m good with Postma, and I think we can win with him, but there’s no doubt that King would be fun to watch.

Allen is a turnover machine

1 Like