Allen wasn't the only one who had a bad game

Yeah, my biggest issue with Allen is the two interceptions. They were absolute gifts to Tech. I have no idea what he saw in either case. That showed me he isn’t the guy.

1 Like

Yep, he seems to force passes. The first int he went thru his progressions and just seemed to throw the ball into a crowd and hope for the best. The second int he went against qb 101 teaching Which is don’t throw late across your body to the middle of the field. He seems fairly intelligence when he’s interviewed but he seems to make a lots of questionable decisions.

LOL…and you do jokester? No way this Tech offense is remotely close to last year’s version…Tech’s D has improved and the offense is decent, but not near as good as last year. We made some bone head plays on defense that cost us dearly…

I guess you were expecting a shut out by our defense.

1 Like

No I wasn’t, but I didn’t think we would give up over 500 yards…and I also thought we would put more pressure on their quarterback. Despite the yards and a couple of bonehead plays the defense actually kept us in the game…

Remember this. As bad as the offense was we were losing 13-10 at half time…Keep that in mind. Our defense played good to great. That TD on 80 yards pass also showed me that we were not ready at times. That falls on the DC and ADC. We could easily be 1-2. I was perplexed on our offense after the UA game. Unfortunately I was right on Allen. He is not in sync and can he get there? The rice game was “fluffy rice”…unfortunately.

I believe Tech had 16 drives. 500 yards would be about 30 yards per drive. I will take that

But yards mean nothing. Points do. And that means our defense allowed less than 2 points per drive. Pretty amazing considering 5 TOs with some of them causing tech to start on our side of the field

1 Like

Although I don’t think Allen should be starter next week, I don’t put the blame solely on him. The play calling on offense doesn’t cause the defense to drop back to give the run game room to run. And I’m sorry but Gibbs’ defense is going to get torched in conference play. The play calling was so bad it made Tech look like they actually know how to play defense. Also what sealed the game in Tech’s favor was the fumbled punt return. Had it been retained by UH, that’s another offensive series that could have made the final drive the game winning drive. This loss annoys me because it’s Tech and at home. I would have rather lost on the road at Arizona.

I put the blame solely on him. It’s time to give Postma or King a change to take this team over.

Agreed about the points, but our normally stable rushing defense got rolled a bit yesterday. I still think this team is a work in progress and I haven’t lost hope that we can turn out pretty good this year. We have plenty of work on both sides of the ball and we can only hope we have the coaches in place to make that happen.; I like Applewhite and I think he can get it done here and move on. I am not, however, sold on his OC or DC at this time. But they are new and I think we are all willing to give them this year to figure it out…

1 Like

Sadly we gave up yards because we gave them so much time of possession. They would hammer on our defense until we stopped them and our offense would give the ball right back. Must of the team appeared to do well but Allen and our center would stumble. I had an end zone vantage so I had a similar view as the QB. Most of the hikes from our center were low left causing the QB to compensate and sometimes cause our running back to hesitate in his stride. Allen kept throwing uncatchable passes behind the receivers. The few passes that resulted in long gains were actually the result of our receivers making spectacular plays. Unlike Ward from prior years and Postma yesterday, Allen never considered running with the ball when he did see an open receiver. Lastly in defense or our defense, yesterday seemed to be the longest game ever. We appeared to have an endless amount of TV timeouts which made everyone stay in the hot sun longer.

1 Like

The issue with the low snaps really did affect the offense. I don’t know if it contributed to the bad passes, but it clearly affected the timing on everything, and obviously caused a crucial turnover.

They were so consistently bad that I started thinking that’s where the QB wanted them. :no_mouth:

1 Like

so this brings up an interesting question, does Noble not like Allen?
you notice the snaps were perfect to the hands when Postma was in at QB, did Noble just suddenly remember how to,snap the ball?

A bad snap can happen anywhere but multiple ones are a major problem. It is on the QB first. He is the leader on the Team. Allen had to come to Noble and give him his two cents. There is more there and that is an indication that something is going on. Secondly Major had to see it. This is doubly troubling.

It’s a much shorter list to focus on players who did well. Still trying to think of one…

King. And Roy. And Postma. And Isaiah Johnson. And Winchester.

There are a lot of positives to take from this game if you look for them.

3 Likes

Absolutely, Winchester played Solid and has been playing fantastic this season!

4 Likes

Actually Tech had the ball less than a minute more than we did. Now to start the game it was a big deal but not for the entire game

So you agree the list is much shorter! Good list though!

How about asking some touch questions at the Wednesday Coach’s show taping?

2 Likes