Altering our UH logo

I googled college teams that incorporate US flag in helmet logos and came up with gobs of them including, but not limited to:

Maryland, UCLA, North Carolina, North Carolina State, UGA, So. Miss, Ole Miss, Miss St., Vandy, UCF, Mizzouri, Washington, West Virginia, la Tech, Northwestern, Temple, BYU, Temple, Navy, Boston College, Virginia Tech, Indiana, Rutgers, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, USF, ECU, Purdue, Arkansas, and the list goes on.

There are special times these are done such as Veterans Day, etc. Seems like some of those teams don’t realize they are acting like a G5 by being patriotic.

3 Likes

Yes, the wear green alternate uniforms because the are the Fighting IRISH! Green= Irish.

What they don’t do is work in the Indiana Flag into the ND logo.

Nope…I’m a native Houstonian and Texan and a huge history buff when it comes to Texas History.

I just prefer the clean classic look.

2 Likes

We aren’t doing ourselves in, we are just acting like a mid major or lower tier P5.

Show me a UT helmet with a Texas or US flag and they are the University of TEXAS

ND is not a state school, UH is. Besides, ir I was from Indiana I wouldn’t brag about it either.

I totally agree with OP UH1927 comments. IMO I think we should pick a standard home and away uniform for each season favoring the uniforms design we had for so many years in the 60’s through 70’s. But then again I am an old fart, class of December 1974. Also I hate the black uniforms. Aren’t our school colors scarlet and white with a touch of blue? As far as logos, if something special for an occasion is needed add a patch to the jerseys. Leave U H logo on helmets not altered.

3 Likes

I would certainly love to see the navy blue trim return to all of our uniforms.
And no more white helmets. Red Only.

1 Like

7 Likes

I’m not a huge fan of the flag logos but they’re ok… they in no way make us look more p-5. If you don’t like them you dont like them, but to say they make us look small time because bluebooods don’t do it?.. ima say nah

2 Likes

That being said, clouds do suck and they should stay outta my face

2 Likes

Pawnee is alright but those pretentious jerks from Eagleton…

4 Likes

Personaly, I don’t give a rat’s rear end what UT does. As for the helmet flag stickers, to each his own.

3 Likes

Samesies.

@UH1927

You might be taken more seriously if you didn’t start with such an aggressive, combative tone. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar. The way you are expressing yourself makes it sound like anyone who differs from your opinion is dumb and an idiot.

Persuade, don’t bludgeon.

2 Likes

Start negotiations with State Farm and maybe we can get some Khaki uniforms, along with some camo unis, and maybe some hot pink ones, too. Nothing like this weeks tradition . . . . .

1 Like

clearly we are beginning to feel the effects of the off season doldrums when we bicker about school logos.

1 Like

Pretty much, and if CDH limits spring practice access again (which I expect him to) we’re going to be rehashing this topic, realignment, concessions, etc. a bunch this offseason on this board. Especially with the lack of exciting news, or general program excitement right now

This is going be one of the longer offseasons, in recent memory. Expect a lot of the same threads just re worded until September.

In addition to logo, realignment, and concessions…

• Uniform combinations / Alternates
  • Tailgate changes (or lack thereof)
  • Bitching about climbing stairs
  • Bitching about seat availability / Ticket office customer service / not receiving tickets
  • Lack of practice access/buzz about the program
  • Bitching about the Dana Haters/ Poly’s
  • Season prediction thread
  • Field design/Markings
  • The UT/ATM conspiracy theory keeping the UH sleeping giant out of P5

What else?

1 Like

As long as we get blue trim back in the uniforms, and no more white helmets, I don’t care.
Maybe even alternate blue football pants.

I’d say some bitching about the lack of stuff in the upper deck should also be included. But you’ve hit most of the other big ones.

2 Likes