Amazon Smile

If anyone on here is an Amazon shopper, you should consider using Amazon Smile. For each purchase, Amazon will donate a percentage of the purchase to an organization of your choosing. It may not be much but if a lot of people do this, it can add up.

3 Likes

I have started using it, the website is smile.amazon.com Its not much but it is more than nothing.

1 Like

I’ve been using it for a while too. I didn’t look for UH to be on there as I already give to them. Has anyone looked to see if we’re on there?

My donation goes to the University of Houston Foundation.

Is the foundation independent from the University?

I’m not sure. This is the mission statement on Amazon site. Mission: University of Houston Foundation provides program support to University of Houston System for various scholarship and educational programs.

1 Like

My money also goes to the University of Houston Foundation. There are other University of Houston groups but I chose this one because it supports the entire university and not just one school or group.

1 Like

The University of Houston Alumni Association Foundation just received their quarterly donation of $50.18. So far it has received $710.17

I am surprised that I don’t see any UH organizations try to market this anywhere. Seems like an easy way to get some free money. With every smile.amazon purchase they get 0.5%

Maybe with NIL we could set something up.

While every dollar helps, it is like they just get pocket change.

That was my thought as well. I have mine set to donate to the same foundation.

I would like to see UHF ( universityofhoustonfoundation.org ) provide a more in depth
website containing several years of data showing yearly gifts and donation amounts and balances. They show only current year and it should be updated in few months as the latest is 12/31/2020

http://universityofhoustonfoundation.org/type-funds/index.php