American Athletic Conference Wins over the last 5 years

Not bad. Hopefully, we take the lead this season.

https://twitter.com/NCAAFNation247/status/1130474231588892672

3 Likes

The private schools aren’t pulling their weight.

3 Likes

That SMOOCONN combo is horrible!

UCF is crazy at 40. They had that 0 win season.

3 Likes

Across the board we are good but haven’t reached our potential. Except for Men’s track which is a year in year out national championship contender, every program can get better.

6 Likes

What sucks is that one of those UConn wins cost us a perfect season in 2015.

8 Likes

Hate to say it but it’s hard to reach your potential or establish consistency when your coaches keep getting plucked from under you when you’re on the cusp of greatness.

7 Likes

I actually think that might have been for the best. I think it woke us up and made us readier for Memphis. Losing to Memphis would have likely meant no Peach Bowl. With UConn we had a mulligan.

I didn’t feel any of this at the time, of course. It was a miserable game.

3 Likes

We played Memphis the week before UConn. I think you mean Navy.

3 Likes

You are correct.

Temple is the surprise for me, they have been consistent it seems. I think of them as a losing program, I am wrong.

Only 1 coach got plucked. 2 got fired. Can’t blame it all on LTH leaving.

1 Like

It’ll be interesting to see how Temple does now. They’ve lost 2 (3 if you count Diaz) coaches in the last couple of years. Can they maintain their success?

1 Like

Turnover for Temple is worse than just those two. They lost Golden in 2010, Addazio in 2012, Rhule in 2016, and then Collins. They’ve done a remarkable job keeping on keeping on.

But I think they just made a bad hire. So I dunno.

2 Likes

Dana Dimel bad or Levine bad?..one bad was better than the other

At the end of the next five years, I would expect our win total to be somewhere between 50-60.

1 Like

Levine bad.

1 Like

Those top seven schools are fine and deserve a separate conference maybe with UTSA which
has a terrific looking future.

1 Like

Nope - UTSA is part of the uta system, and the latter will NEVER let UTSA amount to very much!

2 Likes

I wonder to what extent the MWC has given UTSA a look-over. I’d suspect so. Their best entry into the Texas I would think. Not sure who (if anyone) they would bring along with them though. Also, UTSA needs to start winning. But the potential is definitely there as long as the city doesn’t get an NFL team.

Texas State would pair well, maybe even Rice again
agree with Eatemup in the previous post.