American Conference Tournament Cancelled

I hope you realize that it’s just getting started in this country and that if it isn’t slowed down it will seriously over encumber our healthcare system. I’ve seen you make false comments that it’s less deadly than H1N1 and it’s concerning that you’re trying to minimize its impact.

6 Likes

3.4% may be misleading.

1 Like

I’m just really sad about the whole thing. Sad for all of us that look forward to sports to break the monotony of day to day life. When I have a bad day, at least I have the Coogs. It’s been a point of pride all season and I’ve been glued to it every step of the way. But more than that I’m so sad for the players who work so hard all year to get here to showcase their effort on a huge stage. The thing that dreams are made of. That opportunity gone in a flash. Seniors who may have played their last game without realizing it.
Early season mlb and mid-season NBA can’t compare. This is heartbreaking.

2 Likes

March Sadness

11 Likes

Yes, but even if it drops to 1% like in South Korea then that’s still 10 times more deadly. But the disaster scenario that we’re trying to avoid as @Cogarus said is over burdening the healthcare system like what Italy is currently encountering. Where we’ll be incapable to treat many COVID-19 patients and many other patients that require ICU treatment or hospitalization.

1 Like

South Korea also shows 7% death rate to elderly

Keep an eye on MLB. It could be the next pro sports domino to fall.

Already has

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/1238153527383359488?s=20

https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/status/1238180894235676672?s=20

We have no idea how fast coronavirus is spreading in the US because we have quite limited testing at the moment.

Swine flu had a mortality rate of 0.02% (12,469 deaths/60.8 million cases) (2009 H1N1 Pandemic (H1N1pdm09 virus) | Pandemic Influenza (Flu) | CDC)

Current mortality rates:
China 3.9%
Italy 6.6%
Iran 4.2%
SKorea 0.8%
France 2.1%
Spain 2.4%
USA 2.9%
Worldwide 3.7%

The hope, of course, is to be like S Korea, but we are not on that pathway because they rolled out a massive testing and containment program that we aren’t even close to now. Cat might already be out of that bag

4 Likes

A friend of mine who lives near the Oregon/Washington border was tested today. There is only one lab in the area and they can only handle 40 tests a day. It’s going to take 4 days before she gets her test results back.

1 Like

Key word… estimate !

1 Like

whut chris rock

1 Like

You’ll have to explain why that’s the key word. Should we wait 18 months until there’s a complete set of mortality figures and make a decision on what we should’ve done in the early days of the viral spread?

And the word estimate in your comment applies to the swine flu epidemic of which we already have the data for.

Well, since 65 % of the deaths so far were in one nursing home in Seattle, I think the word estimate is not proper …numerically speaking.

1 Like

The mortality rates are international figures from the WHO, not from one nursing home.

We have vaccines for the flu.

How is that working out ?

1 Like

Yeah, the WHO is totally reliable.

Just like Chinese government.

1 Like

So now the World Health Organization is fake news. Pretty much the end of that discussion.

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/nickabc13/status/1238188123852587014?s=21