Any chance Grimes returns? (Update: Grimes Declares for NBA Draft)

Nate was also only a soph.

Yah its honestly kind of crazy how young Quentin is for his grade.

1 Like

Very happy Quentin led his team to the Final Four right where God wanted him to. At home.

And Fabian, Cheney and someone who is going to transfer here and maybe our tall freshman from Indiana.

Total shocker if Grimes returns.

3 Likes

I was surprised when Hinton didnā€™t get drafted and Iā€™ll be even more surprised if Grimes doesnā€™t get draftedā€¦ But Hinton is playing in the Association and so will Grimes.

I feel like he didnā€™t drive to the rim as much because he has that awesome jump shot off of his dribbleā€¦

Unfortunately, it wasnā€™t falling against Baylor in the first half.

I hope he follows his heart and does what he wants.

5 Likes

I watched the game with someone who works with the agency he is signing withā€¦heā€™s very much gone and I canā€™t blame him. Outside chance at a 1st round pick and definite 2nd round pick. Next year is the double draft and he would probably get buried in it.

I agree he is gone but very few folks have him being drafted. I think a year or two in G League will really help him

Keep in mind a lot of the mock drafts at this time are based off very preliminary NBA input and obviously donā€™t include feedback from draft camps and private workouts.

A lot will change as the draft nears.

every major site currently has him getting drafted late second

1 Like

Sounds good. Can you give me some examples. I would love to see him drafted

this is the most touted big board (ESPN)ā€¦ the have him the 56th best player in the draft (60 get drafted), atleast 5 players ahead of him are projected to return to school

nba draft netā€¦ the biggest site dedicated to just nba draft stuff has him 39

the athletics big boards has him at 48

bleacher report mock draft - 53 to the grizzlies

Tankathon (another Major site dedicated to draft content of all sports)ā€¦ they have him at 52

all of these were updated this weekā€¦ i could keep going to, but all major draft sites are projecting him in the mid to late 2ndā€¦
these big boards will drastically change between now and the draft but all signs point to him being drafted right now

2 Likes

Thanks!

He is gone and heā€™ll be drafted

2 Likes

Best pro prospect that Sampson has had here, at least to my eyes.

1 Like

He gone!!!

1 Like

Not true. 95% percent sure because agents/players union donā€™t want to divulged all of their prospects past medical history, the one and done is here to stay until the current player contract agreement expires in 2025.

Go to NBA DraftRoom. I agree a lot with their content. Itā€™s a new major site!!! Very informative.

I would lean Grimes is gone, but I wouldnā€™t be surprised if he stays for the simple fact he hasnā€™t made up his mind yet. That tells me, heā€™s gonna test his stock before making his decision. If his goal was to just go play somewhere - which he could regardless - he would have already decided to leave. But I could seriously see him saying, ā€˜you know what, I wanna be a lottery pick or go in the first round. Iā€™ll come back and try and improve my stock.ā€™