Anyone Enjoying GME?

Fools and their money will soon be parted.

1 Like

That’s what my wife says when I renew UH football season tickets.

3 Likes

I guess being a revolutionary isn’t as much fun as they made it out to be on the investment boards:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/4353111001

I stuck it to the man…wait what is it worth now…I need another stimulus check quick. I don’t care if most of the stimulus money is going overseas, I have a margin call.

A fool and their money…

2 Likes

I guess that’s my thing, sure it was fun to jam the hedge funds up. Breaking it off in those folks is something I always approve of, but in the end Gamestop especially that’s a company with really bad fundamentals so do the smart thing damage the hedge funds then bail collect your bought low, sell high winnings and get out.

1 Like

It was just another pump and dump. This twist on it was unique in calling on silly revolutionaries to stick it to the man. But in the end it was just a pump and dump.

There is nothing new under the sun.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the same hedge funds are getting some of their losses back now on the way down.

In any event, I’m sure plenty of little guys are getting crushed right now.

1 Like

The little guy got crushed by unscrupulous “revolutionaries” who walked them out into traffic.

They didn’t explain to their little revolutionaries that the hedge funds are borrowing the stock from other institutions to short the stock. So there is another institution on the other side of the short. So even if you stormed the financial bastille and stuck it to the hedge fund, you made even bigger sharks more money.

Viva la France, viva la revolution!!! Viva la food line.

1 Like

He’s a more direct way to get the hedge funds attention with your stimulus check

Stimulus doesn’t buy quite as many guillotines with today’s lumber prices.

Lumber is crazy right now some things are 2x - 4x the price.

Inflation remains under 2%. You must be mistaken

A 2x4 was 2 to 4 dollars. They’re like 8 to 10 now. Pine

But the guvmint says there’s no inflation!

1 Like

There can be inflation in certain sectors but not overall.

Credit Markets Review and Outlook
By John Lonski, Chief Capital Markets Economist, Moody’s Capital Markets Research
Prices Rise Here, There and Everywhere
Industrial commodity prices have climbed higher in response to both an actual and anticipated firming of
global industrial activity. In addition, an abundance of financial liquidity as reflected by the U.S. money
supply’s 25% yearly surge that quadruples 2021’s expected annual climb by nominal GDP, has added fuel to
industrial commodity price inflation.
Forthcoming fiscal stimulus is likely to put upward pressure on Treasury bond yields. If the Fed attempts to
limit or reverse any climb by benchmark bond yields via stepped-up purchases of Treasury bonds and federal
agency mortgage-backed securities, the rapid growth of the money supply will be extended. Conceivably,
more fiscal stimulus might beget more monetary stimulus in order to rein in fixed-rate borrowing costs.
Such a link between fiscal and monetary stimulus lacks precedent.
On February 3, Moody’s Analytics industrial metals price index was up 30% from a year earlier. The
industrial metals price index includes the cash prices of aluminum, copper, lead, nickel, tin, and zinc, wherein
the biggest yearly price increases were tin’s 50%, copper’s 42%, and nickel’s 38%.

Damn its back up again.

Way up.

Incredibly its up over $300!

It was. Lol

Charlie Munger is right. This will end badly.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fool.com/amp/investing/2021/03/10/charlie-munger-has-a-warning-for-investors/