Arizona 2018 Ticket Count

Don’t get me wrong, after TDECU was built, everyone expected a sharp increase. No problem! It is the constant tinkering, remapping and pricing (not increases, but changing which seats pay what compared to others). This is where my problem is.

4 Likes

This is my similar complaint with the new Fertitta Center pricing structure.

No students will be turned away.

5 Likes

Should have capitalized on the Astros ring promotion and offer replica 2015 Peach Bowl Rings for those attending.

2 Likes

Some of you seem to forget that H-Town is a fair-weather, fickle fan-base of a town and has been for decades. College football attendance is declining nation wide. And whether you agree with it or not, there is a certain percentage who have left supporting the program because of the Briles hire.

Keep winning and have some night games and you will see attendance jump. I wish it were not this way… but it is.

Yes and that percent is 0% ! I know of not one single person or company that has stopped supporting UH over the Briles hire .
Go Cougars !

1 Like

There was at least one on here that said he did. Never know…there may be some more of the 29.5k people that attend the games that are outside your inner circle.

That was my gripe with the Fertitta tickets. Making the commitment for 5 years at 10-20k a ticket was just not feasible for the average fan. It led me to believe that even if the stadium was 8k in size we werent going to fill up the whole thing. Same with football, if you’re going to switch prices every year and make them higher than demand people are going to wait for single games and add up. One ticket to the TSU game via UH is 18 cheapest but on stub hub its 10 bucks. I’ve never once seen the stadium completely filled butts in seats before or during game. I dont even think a p5 opponent will do that for long after p5 inclusion. I just think winning is going to do that and winning with a cheap price grab them and make them fans and then increase prices when the fan base is there. As of now paying a premium for a seat i can get for cheap online isnt the way to go. Regardless of parking and all that.

2 Likes

Another UH board had a couple of examples including a partial suite holder. That said, I don’t think there are a ton.

A sign that Chris Pezman is the ultimate optimist. After the students at the rally did the practice chant, Pezman said “now imagine 40 thousand people doing that when Arizona rolls out …”

1 Like

Unfortunately we have not pulled off the HOUSTON COUGARS chant in recent years, so I am not thrilled about this new chant.

1 Like

I mean 11 am kicks kill tailgating. I get that. But someone please explain to me why an 11 am start on a Saturday is so much harder to make than pretty much every Texans home game that kicks at noon on Sundays?

Is it just because it’s September and it will be warm?

I don’t have problem anymore as my kids are out of youth sports. But alot of people with kids in youth sports have issues making 11am games because they have kids games to attend.

1 Like

The various reasons don’t matter. With six million people within the area, and a couple of hundred thousand graduates within that same space, the population has spoken about its interest in uh football.

If the school can convert at least 500 graduates into season ticket buying fans every year then it will be doing well.

2 Likes

Yep, I am one of those people. So we are -6 this year.

1 Like

Channel 2 and 13 were live from TDECU this morning. Channel 13 had the cheerleaders on. I don’t know about the other channels.

The stadium was completely full for Louisville on a Thursday night.

because sunday afternoon is natural for nfl games. and its only 32 nfl teams compared to the ton of college teams. i personally like cfb being played at night. I’m not a morning person like that.

Channel 26 and 39 as well. 26 and 39 have really been boosting the Cougars this year.

93Q Radio station has a partnership with the Coogs to help promote as well.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/FotiABC13/status/1038016177212215296
https://twitter.com/KPRC2Taisha/status/1038009553911197698
https://twitter.com/TheLindaV/status/1037833242504781824

1 Like