Arkansas taking Texas behind the woodshed

Wow! Those posters are brutal.

1 Like

Texas with all this 5 and 4 star players got beat like a dead horse

2 Likes

This just in. Breaking news from multiple reliable sources. A deep-pocketed, clandestine group of UT alums are mobilizing to oust Sark and replace him with Vince Lombardi as their new coach.

1 Like

That is a very nasty forum.
You need thick skin as a Coog to read it on a regular basis.
(really any fanbase including Texas)

They are the NIL for the UT Tight Ends group. Its called “Burnt Ends”.
Hopefully the players don’t read it or there may be posters taking a beating at the NIL events.

1 Like

Looks like Shaggy Bevo has been reincarnated.

Gonna be a tough place for Sark. Hopefully, he won’t go back to alcohol.

4 Likes

I believe it is the same group from the Shag.

I think there were some legal issues with using “Bevo”, and, thus, Surly Horns

That’s what happens when a majority of the fans of your college team aren’t even former college students. Not a problem we’ve had
 yet

2 Likes

This is what is wrong with Texas fans:

1963-1970

3 National Titles

The 51 years since

2 Likes

I don’t know if anyone else listens to Pardon My Take, but Herbstreit was on recently and was talking about Texas and it’s absolutely rotten culture there, paraphrasing “having Jerry Jones is tough for the Cowboys, Texas has 30 Jerry Jones’s” It was a day where I didn’t hate Kirk Herbstreit.

8 Likes

UT and USC are both programs that will not win for a long long time unless they catch lightning in a bottle.

Mack Brown and Pete Carrol were the perfect coaches at the perfect time and the culture in both places is allot worse now. USC is better off because they are near apathy whereas UT has 30 Jerry Jones and a few Al Davis bumping around.

1 Like

To me the biggest issue maybe for both schools but definitely Texas is they keep getting head coaches who want to coach. The HC at Texas’s number one job is putting together an elite staff, then stroking the boosters and keeping them happy. Mack was excellent at that for a long time in Austin.

1 Like

Somehow Mack was able to handle the boosters and armchair head coaches while still coaching. Mack was gritty!

1 Like

This would be great for the conference. Annual games pitting
UT vs Texas Tech
BYU vs Utah
Okie State Vs Oklahoma.
Iowa State vs Iowa.

Helps in ensuring the big12 solidly retains its powers status.

3 Likes

Sark attack!

1 Like

81-19-7 OU leads Bedlam series

47-22 Iowa leads ISU series

53-17 Texas leads Tech series

62-34-4 Utah leads BYU series

1 Like

Add UH vs Rice to that :wink:

1 Like

Agree about both Mack and Carroll. Although I think USC has a much better path to a national title than UT.

Its conceivable, nay probable, that UT doesn’t come close to a national title taking the weekly pounding in the SEC.

My question is why is Texas ever really considered a title contender. They can’t win their own conference.

2 Likes

See, I’m wondering the opposite.

With the NIL, we know Texas has the money and the ego to buy the players they need.

I think there will be some growing pains, but I think there’s too much ego to let them rot, when they can go buy their blue chip guys.

Granted, still have to coach them up!

I am stunned that Utah-BYU is so lopsided it must have been really bad pre Lavell Edwards in Utah’s favor.

1 Like