Armoni pursues his NBA dream

There is nothing wrong with post that was flag. He was just speaking the truth. Time to move on and look forward to next season with the players we have.

7 Likes

where did you see that? Nothing on web about him signing with Washington.

corey signed with the wizards not armoni

1 Like

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1141931242662879233

4 Likes

Good for Corey!!!

We can be disappointed, no reason to take it out on the player and question his fortitude.

also armoni already stated he had summer league offers
he is probably deciding which one and will be announced tomorrow

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1141940153914671104

3 Likes

LMAO sniper Bros are staying together

1 Like

Interesting that the Wizards picked up both. Does their front office have any UH connection?

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1141938872387014657

It was blatantly clear to most of us that Armoni won’t be drafted. We are really disappointed that he won’t be here as a Coog to finish his eligibility. It’s a d*** shame.

7 Likes

Looking at the roster.
Wizards are a good spot for Corey to beat the odds. Wall out for the season & Chasson Randle a role player at PG.
Bradley Beal can also play PG.

Armoni will have it tough.
Bradley Beal . A great player.(unless a mega trade).

Tomas Satoransky- Durable. A good passer (40th in Asst) & shooter.(@40% from 3) Big height advantage on Armoni.

Jordan McRae a journeyman but headed into his 5th season.

Just traded for Admiral Schofield from Tenn.
He looks to be a SG based on the 6 veteran SFs types on the roster & lottery pick Rui Hachimura.(including Jonathan Simmons)

2 Likes

That sounds pretty selfish. Good players don’t play for four years, so get used to this.

3 Likes

That is a pretty horrible team roster they have there in D.C

1 Like

Just realized that Armoni only averaged 13.4 ppg. It sure felt like he averaged more points than that and seem more efficient from the field than ( .405 ). Maybe because all of the success the team had this past season.

I, too, felt Armoni needed another year to work on his game. That being said, it seems to me there are some who put their own desires for the Coogs to win a title over the desires of a young man to pursue his lifelong dream. All we should ask of Cougar athletes is to represent our university with class while giving it their all every game, and Armoni and Corey did that and so much more. Eternal thanks to both of these fine young men for the excitement they brought with their stellar play and for helping return U.H. hoops into the national spotlight.

24 Likes

If you are evaluating efficiency you need to look at eFG% or TS% rather than raw FG%. He was 54.7% and 55.3% in those, which is not bad. It was a dropoff from his really solid numbers last year though (58.5%, and 59.8%), which fell because he just didn’t get as many open looks this year and in the case of his TS% his inexplicable struggles at the line hurt.

1 Like

Yeah, as much as I would have liked him back, it seems as if his heart was set on trying his hand at a new challenge whether in the states or overseas. I can’t fault him for trying to pursue that dream. I hope it works out for him. I just wish the Rockets would have signed Corey. I think he has a pretty good shot at making a team next year.

2 Likes