Armoni pursues his NBA dream

I was suggesting with the lack of guys at the 2 and 3 who can create their own shot, i’ve noticed a ton of NBA teams using a ton pindowns in their motion offense. It honestly looks stupid to me-the lack of full sets. You stated that Armoni wasn’t that good of an on-ball defender, and I countered with unless he plays the ISO Ballers ( Rockets) he’ll get screened a bunch anyway.

I haven’t watched a lot of NBA this year but when I do it’s mostly the Rockets going street ball mode and other teams who opt for half-court sets, go crazy with the PDS. Reason why I’d rather watch college it’s a more tolerable bell-curve in regard to offensive balance.

1 Like

It’s not the case. The Rockets run the most iso but most teams aren’t compared to them. I looked at the stats on the % of plays that are iso.

Team ISO stats

Houston Rockets - 19.6%
Next highest team is Portland - 10.4%

Players

Harden - 44%
Westbrook - 24.7%
Lillard - 18.7%

1 Like

lol It seems a lot more than that. I swear. Maybe I need to watch more but it’s seems absurd.

1 Like

Its the rockets since they iso a ton and are hard to watch.

1 Like

Ah. I gotcha. I agree that makes the need for on ball defense less if you are fighting through pin downs instead of guarding someone creating off the dribble.

However, the height thing can be important if you are going to switch on those for when your wing gets caught on a big man so he doesn’t get an easy post up.

1 Like

How old is he? Maybe he’ll grow 2 inches. :sunglasses:

1 Like

That is just ridiculous!!

1 Like

College Park Rookie Guard Armoni Brooks Is One Of The Hottest Young G League Prospects - Ridiculous Upside?

4 Likes

Good for Armoni! Just wish he was still doing that here; but a man has to do what a man has to do.

2 Likes

That would be an insane team! The only people that could stop us from winning 10 straight titles would be the league’s bigwigs pulling all kinds of strings to go against us!

1 Like

I read in Hakeem’s book “Living the Dream” that the Rockets had the opportunity to have Jordan, Dream and Clyde on the same team. That would have been unfair.

I wish he was still with the Coogs! With him we probably don’t lose but 1 or 2 in regular season.But I am pulling for him - he has tons of potential and I feel he will play in NBA for a long time. Just needs strength that comes with age, coupled with working hard in weight room year over year.

I didn’t know there was friction between him and any coog team member or coach. Thought someone mentioned he had reasons and would be disruptive…

How is Cory Davis doing?

1 Like

I’ve not heard that at all. Doesn’t sound like a rumor worth starting.

4 Likes

That was quite an extrapolation from “had his reasons.” I think that poster just meant he felt it was the best decision for him (i.e. his reasons were something like thinking he could make it and wanted to take a shot at it).

Sampson pretty clearly really wanted Armoni to come back and Armoni seemed like he was almost in tears talking about hoping CKS would stay when the Arky stuff was floating around for what it’s worth.

Corey is a starting PG for Turkish Afyon, a Tier 1 team in the Euro League,Averaging around 11ppg 2 assist 2 steals.
Most likely making around $80k for a 30 game regular season schedule. I think Room and Board are paid for by the team, not sure on that, if someone would clarify that would be great. GO get em Corey
EATEMUPCOOGS!

2 Likes

Davis is in top league Turkey, but they are not a Euroleague team. Big difference as those imports make 500k-2 million. $80k is probably around what he gets which is net after taxes, housing and meals provided, flights, probably a car, insurance, and some bonuses.

Thanks for the heads up! EATEMUPCOOGS

https://twitter.com/SASK_Rattlers/status/1252265776314150912

6 Likes

Good league to make some money over the summer assuming they actually get started. It’s only a 2nd year league but had good results in year 1 and funding is solid. They focus on getting Americans from the G-League since the timing works out well. I am assuming since NBA Summer League is very unlikely to happen in July (if even at all), that is why Armoni made this decision. Salaries typically range between 4-8k/month.

2 Likes

I had to look it up…

Canadian Elite Basketball League, a movement that brings Canadians together through a new basketball experience. The CEBL provides home-grown athletes an exclusive opportunity to represent their communities and further their careers as professional basketball players.