Art-Briles-visits-UH-practice

IMHO, that’s a somewhat misguided and pathetic rant. If Renu Khator has no problem with it, then I certainly have no problem with it. And I’m sure the vast majority of UH alumni and supporters believe that Renu Khator has more than earned the right to make such judgments and speak on behalf of the entire UH community.

1 Like

Then Renu needs criticism as well. First of all, I’m not sure that Renu even knew about it. It may be something that Applewhite decided. If so, then bad on him.

And if Renu decided it, then she deserves criticism for it. Just because Renu thought it was OK doesn’t automatically mean that it’s the right thing to do. I am a big admirer of hers, but she isn’t automatically right all of the time. If she was OK with this, and approved it, then I STRONGLY condemn her decision for obvious reasons.

In case anyone thinks that Briles doesn’t deserve to be persona non-grata, READ THIS!!!

QUOTE: When a female student-athlete reported that a football player had brandished a gun at her, the court paperwork said, Briles texted an assistant coach: “what a fool – she reporting to authorities.”

QUOTE: In another case, a masseuse asked the team to discipline a player who reportedly exposed himself and asked for favors during a massage, the document said Briles’ first response was, “What kind of discipline… She a stripper?”

QUOTE: The filing also laid out the athletic department’s response to allegations of gang rape by football players, including when a student-athlete told her coach that five football players had raped her at an off-campus party. The coach then took a list of names to Briles, who said, “Those are some bad dudes. Why was she around those guys?”

Talk about blaming the victims. Really sad.

4 Likes

After reading that, the dad in me feel like taking Briles around the corner, and duking it out with him. How dare you to allow your players to hurt women…and all you can say…those are some bad dudes…why was she around them coach??? Yeah, I don’t WANT that guy around our kids. Ban him from UH grounds. Talk to son off campus…

1 Like

Lead the protest then, it just seems to be more about image than anything of real substance. Surely you are not suggesting that UH will now become Rape U after a visit from Art. Just like hiring Applewhite didn’t mean we were advocating infidelity.

Did you not see how many NFL he visited? Lets protest the NFL.

And define open… if practices are open to former players, does he not qualify? Or is it all former players except the one who shall not be named? Would you be ok with Eugene Lockhart visiting?

I dont want him coaching here, but i dont have a problem with him visiting his son at practice

1 Like

Wow…did I miss something? I was in the stands at Tulsa when we got dorked by Art. Sumlin clearly cost us a share of $17M, and a Sugar Bowl berth against Michigan, who we would have drilled, and Herman was ALWAYS headed to Texas…and back to present day…
Kendal Briles being hired as our OC literally saved our season before the first snap. Our O was absolutely unwatchable last year. Period. The stats showed it to be the worst, most enimic O in 15 years.
Kendal was the backup QB and is a graduate. If his dad wants to be a guest every now and then, so be it. I will never forget what Art did (I have forgiven), and the Baylor stink will forever taint his legacy. But let’s give Kendal our full support.

9 Likes

BAB made a name for himself at Baylor, in the worst of ways, but seemingly not criminally liable and thus able to travel about freely, but the “girl” and the girl’s family, who he stood up on senior prom should not welcome him into their house with happy and open arms. And you’d think anyone with any sense of decorum wouldn’t dare show up on their doorstep if only from a sense of self-realization of one’s previous transgressions prior to having the door slammed in his face. Shame on BAB, and shame on UH for trivializing our BAB experience and his latest foray into the national limelight

1 Like

montcoog, that is a very sensible response to al this Art Briles stuff, and i completely agree…
I was friends with coach Briles and i will always believe that he saved our program when we were in real danger of disappearing all together if he had failed…He succeeded, and his son is going to succeed as well. If he wants to visit him at practice, i think its fine. Coach Briles is just trying to be supportive.

5 Likes

So you make your judgement based the narrative (allegations) put forth by lawyers from Baylor and the victims? Lawyers would never stretch the truth right? Correct? Especially if there’s something to gain for their clients?? For all the folks that don’t want to take the time to get the whole story, perhaps they should just wait for the findings of the NCAA investigation of Baylor that’s about to conclude. Dig up a recent article from the FW Star Telegram on the subject. Speculation is the athletic department will be absolved and the finding will be that it’s a Baylor University problem and that Art Briles will be exonerated. That would be the same conclusion that most of the people that kept informed on this subject came to many months ago.
Where were all these attacks on Art Briles charachter, values and morals when he coached at UH?

1 Like

When he left like a d-bag. That’s when.

1 Like

Quote: Did you not see how many NFL he visited? Lets protest the NFL.

ABSOLUTELY!!!

There’s already one good reason to protest the NFL: you know, the whole flag disrespect thing.

Now there’s ANOTHER good reason!

Thank you for helping me to advance my causes!

:wink:

1 Like

Art is a Coog. Played here. Went to school here. Coached here. If he shows up in Coog gear, I’m good with that. We went there when we picked up Kendal (which I also think is a good move).

As for the NFL - I don’t watch the NFL because it’s a bad product. No entertainment value for me. Never been interested.

1 Like

Starting to feel like this discussion has run it’s course. Y’all have done pretty well keeping it civil. But starting to feel like it’s close to jumping the shark.

Should it stay open?

3 Likes

Nope . Close it up imo. Nothing new be given. You have half being ok w Briles being at practice, other half telling him to “stay off my lawn” :grin:

1 Like

The end of The thread has come!

Close it, and don’t let another on the subject. Not against free speech, or people’s opinions but this is old and tiresome.

1 Like

Yup - next topic - what position coach should Sandusky take after parole. Kidding of course!