Art Briles

…Art is still not coaching

1 Like

Now there’s an interesting thought. Could Briles raise UTEP from the dead?

I wouldn’t complain.

He could raise us from the dead

1 Like

It could be some school will weigh the offensive production versus the risk of litigation. It could happen…

1 Like

YES! When it comes to football the guy knows what he is doing.

That’s right, and Tech hasn’t made its inevitable coaching change. :slightly_smiling_face:

He took a dump on a program that gave him his first HC gig, where he played, recommended by CBY.

So…no.

7 Likes

On the side note, who, AB, KS and TH, left us the worst in term of

1. State of the program
  2. How to handle the departure

Thanks.

1 Like

We never won a bowl game with him here the first time. So how do you come up with this?

7 Likes

I agree. Too drama to the name now. Also he was a head coached from 2003-2015 and only went to two New Years bowls during that time and had a 3-6 record in bowl games. Would it be easier to make it to a New Years 6 in the aac, yes.

Good grief the man is 65…let it go…time to move on, his time has passed

3 Likes

Good grief…Nick Saban is 69…your point?

3 Likes

Come on Mike. You’re anti-Briles sentiment is clouding your great intellect.

He left UH for Baylor, which at the time was the Boot Hill for football head coaches.

In the third year, he turned around the Baylor program and they never looked back during his tenure.

It was an incredible turnaround. They finished in the Top 20 four times in eight years and won three bowl games.

Baylor insisted he hire great assistants and they provided him the $$$ to do so. Admittedly, he wanted to keep his inexperienced staff at UH. Art Briles is an offensive genius and needed a great staff to achieve the level of success he envisioned for himself.

I hope Briles is offered an opportunity to coach again, but it probably won’t be UH or Baylor.

1 Like

Covered up rape

5 Likes

Wasn’t his record at UH something like 32-27 overall ?

1 Like

Both being in their 60’s is about all they have in common as HC’s.

1 Like

I believe any re-hire of briles would not be looked upon favorably by any p5 conference looking to expand. Optics would not be good, whether fair or not. UH does not need any hint of being a renegade program at this point. Scrutiny would be less so for a current p5 member since they already have a seat at the table.

That said, I would absolutely be against a rehire under any circumstances, they way he left was abysmal.

6 Likes

Nick Saban has also won 7 Nattys…

That’s like comparing Bill O’Brien to Bill Belichick

1 Like

Just want to remind people that he recruited troubled but talented players and did nothing to support them. After Willie Jefferson got busted and Sumlin pulled his scholarship, Art signed him up.

He let him go after he and Josh Gordon were found passed out in the drive through line at a fast food joint. He kept Josh around until he couldn’t.

1 Like