Art Briles

tell that to mack brown

Are you the president of the Benedict Arnold fan club?

Has there been a disposition of those rape cases? Or was the administration able to cover it up to the extent that no one was prosecuted?

Name me a head coach that we have not fired that hasn’t dumped on us
it is just the way the game is played

1 Like

No, there are too many former coaches for one president

1 Like

Has had shades thrown at every level he has coached. Think he did plenty to hurt his own career.

Pardee never dumped on us.

Are you kidding? He was probably the second best coach we ever had and then left for the Oilers. He totally neglected recruiting and left us with Hoss, who just about single handily ruined the program

But that wasn’t what you asked. You asked someone to name a coach that wasn’t fired that didn’t dump on us.

And Pardee is your answer.

I took your point to mean all coaches dump on their former team. But that’s not true.

Even fired coaches, with better reasons for dumping on their former team, were quieter than Briles. I don’t remember Levine or Dimel or Jenkins every speaking ill of the Coogs.

Only Sumlin, Herman and Briles. I don’t miss any of these three.

3 Likes

We differ in opinions. They all left for better teams and lots more money.

I agree with the money part. Better teams
not necessarily. Better conferences and opportunities is more accurate.

But still no reason to crap on the team you are leaving that gave you your first HC opportunity.

In Sumlin’s and Herman’s case, they were crapping on UH before they headed out the door !!

1 Like

BU was not a better team until Briles made them a better team. BU was a better opportunity because of financial reasons.

2 Likes

Exactly. Surprised it was commented that all left for better teams.

I agree. They were both classless.

Baylor was in a better conference and had more money. It gave Art a chance to build a really good team. It also showed he was a really good coach.
Maybe if all that mess hadn’t happened at BU Uncle Fertitta could have coaxed back here with bucks. But probably doubtful

But I do admit Baylor wasn’t any better when Art left.
And I have to add that Pardee probably would have the Coogs in the top 20 for years.
I was very disappointed when he left and then we hired Jenkins

I think that after it all played out, Pardee regretted leaving the Coogs.

1 Like

Briles took his golf clubs, recruits and current players with him. Plus, he’s in a special club with a secret handshake with Jo Pa and Sandusky.

4 Likes

The players wanted to play for Art. They decided to follow Art. They had free will.

They weren’t forced to do anything.

2 Likes