Basketball roster has been updated

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1267507795957559296

6 Likes

Here’s the updated roster with heights and weights per UH site:

No. Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Cl. Hometown (Last School)
0 Marcus Sasser G 6-1 200 SO Red Oak (Red Oak, TX)
1 Jamal Shead PG 6-1 175 FR Manor HS, TX
2 Caleb Mills G 6-3 175 RSSO Asheville Academy Swannanoa, NC
3 DeJon Jarreau G 6-5 185 SR New Orleans (Umass)
4 Justin Gorham F 6-7 235 SR Balt. (Towson)
5 Cameron Tyson G 6-2 200 RSSO Bothel, Idaho
12 Tramon Mark PG 6-5 180 FR Dickinson HS, TX
13 J’Wan Roberts F 6-6 210 RSFR Shoemaker (Killeen, TX)
20 Ryan Elvin G 6-0 155 FR Round Rock Cedar Ridge (WO)
24 Quentin Grimes G 6-5 205 JR Woodlands HS, KU
30 Caleb Broodo C 6-8 240 RSJR Midland, Mich. (Dow) (WO)
35 Fabian White Jr. F 6-7 230 SR Atascocita, Texas (Atascocita)
52 Kiyron Powell C 6-10 205 FR Benjamin Bosse HS Evansville, IN
55 Brison Gresham C 6-8 230 SR New Orleans (Umass)

So I may have missed this but is dejon officially coming back?

Not yet but fingers crossed

1 Like

Not too happy the NBA reset the deadline so now we may have to wait all summer to find out.

draft date just set, a withdrawal deadline should be in place soon
https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/1268610855509331974?s=19

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1268637002876047363

Yikes, that’s late in the process to know whether or not Jarreau is staying. Do we know if he’s allowed to participate in team workouts while he’s declared for the draft?

I wonder if CKS will sit him down and say, “Look. I want you to come back, but I respect that you need to do what’s best for you and your family. If you can help me plan for this by letting me know by _________ (way prior to Aug 3) what you plan to do, I would really appreciate it.” And maybe hint at looking for a replacement if he doesn’t hear anything. I mean, Deeky was obviously around when Armoni did this. He should understand better than most the position this delay puts CKS in.

There needs to at least be a plan.
Like if you don’t get drafted you commit to returning.

J’Wan Roberts at 6’5" ? Front court? We are in deep trouble. Can’t be true

Bo Outlaw was defensive player of year in SWC and made millions in NBA at about that size.

San Diego State was way taller and so was Michigan and all we had to do was make FTs. Washington in Hawaii was huge compared to us and we out rebounded them and almost everybody.

Height is the most overrated thing in basketball especially these days with 3 point line and how game is called. You need to be long on the wings more often than not nowadays and we are finally matching up there.

I would love more talented 6’11 guys to play the 5 but they are very few and aren’t looking our way. Much better to have a system and kids fitting that than give a spot just for few more inches on the roster.

2 Likes

I think he is 6-6, maybe a bit more. Standing next to White last year, they looked about the same. If anything, I think Roberts has longer arms.

If CKS likes him, I’m good to go.

1 Like

Guy you have it. I’m going to put my name in the pool and if I don’t get a deal, well I,ll just come back. As a long time COOGs, I really have a problem with this is just a step up for me, I am just going to get what I can and this goes for everyone.

I corrected it to 6-6 as in the roster. Sometimes I miss the right key.