Big 12 CG stupidity

The conference has gradually watched Houston become an SEC town since 2012 and yet they’ve yet to schedule a Big 12 CG in Houston since then. What exactly is behind this stupidity?

1 Like

Stupid is as stupid does.

How many games does the SEC play in Houston?

2 Likes

Between special season openers and OOC games against Rice or Houston, not many or none in most years.

But probably 50,000 or so living in the Houston area drive an hour and a half up the road to Collie Station 7 or 8 times per fall.

1 Like

Why would anyone on this Board want a Big 12 CG in Houston.

That is contrary to everything that we want.

We should use all our influence and all our power to make sure that no Big 12 activity takes place in Houston unless they admit UH.

The Conf. Should be Persona Non Grata.

10 Likes

I thought this as well when I began reading through this thread.

1 Like

UT has huge following in Houston. I think a Big 12 CG in Houston is inevitable. Possibly rotating between DFW and Houston.

1 Like

SEC CCG? in H?

Sorry but the evil empire can play anywhere in this state they want. They have a huge following, a tad more than agi

1 Like

Does that apply to the SEC as well?

Most UT fans don’t know they’re UT fans until they see the gear in the store.

5 Likes

I agree. I’m just highlighting the stupidity of the conference.

Btw, as an SEC fan, I’d love to see the SEC CG in the H.

It hasn’t been held in Houston in over a decade. AT&T stadium is a nicer venue and likely bid out reliant for the championship.

I don’t see anything dumb about not playing in Houston.

Haven’t heard that too many times. Most people I know (college football fans not necessarily Cowboys fans) have thought it interesting for a one time game, but prefer not to go back. Some that have been to both preferred NRG (or what we have in Houston) because it was actually better for watching the game instead of the giant hanging TV screen.

I don’t go to either regularly, because I hate having to pay more for parking than for the game ticket.

2 Likes

T-shirticus

I would love to get some T shirt fans to our games. We have plenty of room available!

3 Likes

Plus, UT plays in an easier conference and can start the season thinking they have a shot of winning their conference (especially if they read the preseason predictions and look at the preseason polls).

Another reason they won’t leave…

My guess is that it is logistically easier for non-Texas schools and the league office to have it in Dallas every year and maybe they feel like they play enough neutral site games in Houston as is. The Advocare Kick off includes a Big 12 team every other year or so. The Big 12 also has a tie-in with the Texas Bowl.

1 Like

Just curious. Why do we have a thread about the big 12 championship game? Are y’all planning on attending or something?

2 Likes