Big 12 fans reaction to UH being added

All of the Football operations would be in the building, weight room, locker room and coaches offices. Will free up more space in the other building for the other sports.

6 Likes

Glad it’s not up to the fans. For what it’s worth, TCU was invited to the Big 12 immediately after their Rose Bowl win. We were butt-diddled by the Big 12 right after our Peach Bowl win.

5 Likes

What are you talking about? We’re in the Big 12.

After UT, A&M, and maybe LSU, we’re next in line for high level talent in Houston. And I won’t be shocked to see us win a recruiting battle or two against UT and A&M. Baylor, Tech, TCU, Okie State aren’t coming into Houston and winning many recruiting battles now. And that’s why they all wanted us left out.

2 Likes

TexAgs was surprisingly positive with their usual “we’re so clever” snarky comments.

As much as I dislike Aggies they tend to have a somewhat level head and rational thought process.

^^^This

It’s a building solely for all football operations and doesn’t share space with other sports.  TCU’s football only facility is ranked in the top 20 in the country…

You said we should have Top 25 recruiting classes now. Which I heard as currently while in G5. That’s not very realistic, but I thk 30-50ish class should be the norm over last few yrs n it hasn’t been. Either way… yes Recruiting should improve or the bottom half of the Conf will be their friends.

We’re in the Big 12? Since when? How long have we been recruiting under the P5 moniker? If I add the days up since the inception of the Big 12 my number still comes to zero.

You and I are essentially saying the same thing but having a top 25 recruiting class on a consistent basis was never going to happen from a G5 status.

2 Likes

Okay. I see how my words were misconstrued. No, we shouldn’t have top 25 recruiting classes as a G5 member. Now that we are heading to the Big 12, we should start having top 25 recruiting classes.

2 Likes

I was abt to kick you over to the Basketball side.

I always heard that Herman was able to recruit so well because he was promising recruits we were going to the Big 12.

I expect us to be at that level or beyond really quickly.

2 Likes

Rumors are Herman will be sending Khator & Pez weekly gifts starting on Monday!! :grin::grinning:

2 Likes

It was a perfect storm, right? You get this highly sought after OC from a National Championship team while expansion talks in the Big XII were at Defcon 1. That is why recruiting was at a top 25 level then and not now.

A new stadium that seats 40k and shared facilities was not going to draw top talent when you’re playing ECU, Tulsa, Tulane, USF, UAB (past) and the likes. Even playing Cincinnati and UCF is not near the interest or draw of playing TT, Baylor, TCU, Okie State, and K State.

The fact that Cinci, Kansas, and UCF are the “unattractive” games in the conference makes for great recruiting classes from here on out.

The Big 12 will now be represented in 3 of the top 4 recruiting areas, Texas, Florida, and Ohio.

1 Like

I honestly would love to have him back. He would eat this up and fire up the boys.

https://twitter.com/rolandb3/status/1434053038231203841?s=21

9 Likes

Except for the occasional kid that wants to leave town for college. We also have to beat those teams. But yes, I’m with you that recruiting just got a lot more fun.

I’m loving this also!!!

Yeah. There will always be those kids. But we should win a lot more than we lose for Houston kids when we go up against Tech, Baylor, TCU, and Okie State. And they are scared about that.

1 Like

Texas Tech has the least to worry about, I think. If anything, we make a decent “partner” for them as part of a package to the PAC-12.

TCU and Baylor should be more concerned since they’re going to have a harder time getting in simply because they’re there.

I heard that as well. It had me concerned because that’s the sort of thing you do when you do not expect to stay there long.