Big 12 fans reaction to UH being added

I’ve looked at every schools’ board and the general consensus is as follows

Baylor: Mixed but surprisingly more positive than expected

Texas Tech: Mostly negative

TCU: Ironically negative, many of them claiming UH was handed a spot while they had to work for theirs. Some even tried emailing their admin urging them to not let us in

Iowa State: Mostly neutral though some are still holding out for a B10 invite

Kansas: Mostly neutral though leaning towards negative due to not receiving a B10 invite.

Kansas State: Mostly positive to neutral interestingly enough

West Virginia: Neutral, some positive

Oklahoma State: Mostly negative

Bonus, also checked A&M, OU and UT boards and their reaction was a mix of positive, neutral and indifference since they’re all in the SEC and a P5 UH doesn’t impact their recruiting that much.

19 Likes

I really need to get a life. Lmao

18 Likes

Glad you told me that. I’ll enjoy watching TCU losing more now.

13 Likes

RedDragon’s Life at moment- some positive, little negative, lots of indifference. :grin:

Edit: I thk it was more u were determined how can I be the 1 millionth thread starter on Realignment. J/k.

5 Likes

Not at all…I love it when a passionate fan does the homework for me :crazy_face:

9 Likes

Not a big surprise on any of these reactions. I figured Tech, OSU, TCU would be negative on it, they stand to lose the most if we have our act together.

5 Likes

Before last night, I said to myself I’m rooting for B12 schools to win except for UT,OU, and BU to lose. I’m changing BU to TCU now. They’re SMU to me but on a steroid level.

4 Likes

Maybe UT and OU were the good guys.

Unlikely!

2 Likes

I’m not surprised at all if TTU, Baylor, TCU and Okie St all have a negative outlook on it. If we get a football operations facility built, then there is no reason for higher end recruits to leave the metro area or Golden Triangle for that matter to the schools mentioned above.

Our fringe 3 star recruits will now turn into 3+ star and and the occasional 4 star.

1 Like

These are all ingredients that can really turn into heated but passionate rivalries!

1 Like

We really should have top 25 recruiting classes now. There’s really no reason not to.

4 Likes

What are you talking about? Are you on the right thread here?

I’m not. Idk how it got moved and i lost the tread i was replying too amongst all the other ones…

1 Like

No, we shouldn’t. We have a nice stadium and a huge local pool to recruit from, but what recruiting tool do we have to pull someone here vs the Big 12? Herman and the staff’s success before him was not going to be sustainable without the exposure of playing big time competition.

I think you were looking at the UT-Houston thread, that would make more sense.

Tcu fans think a few successful seasons is all the work that was needed. Of course we have had a few high profile seasons as well just didn’t have the luxury of the oil monies to keep our HC for life. Truth is we have done far more than pre big 12 tcu to get to where our program is. Our investment in facilities and staff is on another level. Saying that I respect what tcu was able to accomplish in CUSA snd the big 12. I don’t dismiss what they have done but most of them have no idea what we have done.

2 Likes

You’re right, after checking it out it was that one. Thank you.

1 Like

Not at all. I have been checking other boards / Twitter myself and it’s good to gauge what others are saying

Texas Tech fans are clearly worried how this impacts them which is understandable despite how they’re voicing their opinion. Anyone that recruits the Houston area has valid arguments for their opposition to UH’s invite.

That being said; we finally are getting a shot and that’s all that matters

3 Likes

What is a Football Operations Building and what does it do?

Serious question.

Didn’t we just build a building with all the bells and whistles?

1 Like