Big Story on Ed on CNN.com/Bleacher Rerpot

Click on here for the story

6 Likes

Fantastic article. Ed is special in so many ways and he’s going to be so much fun to watch this year. Just praying he stays healthy because injury is the only thing that can stop him.

Great article!

Mike this is the best written piece about an athlete that I have had the pleasure to read in a long time. Thank you for posting.

Yes this is a really good article that paints a narrative of Ed’s feelings towards the city and his team that (I think) is closer to the truth than others recently.

1 Like

Question…in his last home game, should he be recognized as a senior ?

No. Getting a 4 year degree is an accomplishment that he chose to put off till later. He’ll have plenty of other accolades. Interesting question though, I’ll be interested in hearing other opinions!

I seriously doubt that all seniors that are introduced have completed their degree requirements. In fact, I would bet on it.

Case Keenum actually got two senior introductions…and he deserved it.

Seems to me it is about completing their football careers and not their academic careers.

Should be recognized, but NOT as a senior, since he is obviously not a senior. That is, unless he has finished his schooling and is a graduating senior, graduating in 3 years . . . . .

But, he IS a senior (footballwise) in that this is his “announced” last year of college competition.

Again, some of those being recognized as seniors will be because they have used up their eligibility and may not have completed degree requirements.

To me it is a quandry, but then again it is not MY decision.