Big Ten Payouts $51 Million Starting 2018

“…jaw-dropping news from last week: The report that Big Ten will send $51.1 million to each campus starting in 2018.”

“That figure came from a respect (sic) journalist (Angelique Chengelis) working for a respected publication (Detroit News) having obtained documents from Michigan itself, in the form of a FY18 budget presented to the university’s regents.”

“Will seeing the whopping numbers … the Big Ten handing out $51.1 million to its campuses … the $19 million/per year/per school disparity in distribution … prompt the Pac-12 chancellors/presidents to insist on an equity sale?”

1 Like

https://twitter.com/redditcfb/status/877188595735572480

That lag is HUGE money – they can’t afford to be left behind like that – they must act.

ACC must act too. Their network may be DOA.

My wish – P12 takes UH & SMU to get some of their games into the Central Time zone.

I can dream, can’t I?

1 Like

I think theyll look to take apart the big12 before they consider us.

Hard to poach the Big 12 when the B12 makes MORE money.

True but we ALL know Texas and OU will leave first

Meanwhile, what’s the AAC’s payout?

YES…If PAC expands, they will go to 16…and likely they will take Houston and best 3 Big 12 schools they think fit their needs after OU and Texas go elsewhere first…which they WILL do…
The PAC 12 doesnt want to face a long term scenario where their rival conferences make close to 20 million more a year than they do…

Yes, but are they going to go with the status quo for five to seven years until they start to address the revenue discrepancy issue?

1 Like

PAC12 might do just that. They won’t move until UT/OU decide something.

That’s fine; just need CMA to come through now.

1 Like