BOOM! 6'8" big man Ja'Vier Francis Commits to Coogs - with comments on his decision

Is it Turkcan or Turkcan’t

1 Like

The gym is tucked in the cypress burbs - someone with some serious cash owns it as they host a bunch of stuff out there.

I saw Francis play out there and half those highlights were against D2 or less kids who didn’t know he was coming until game time lol but he was clearly the best player out there

He can develop into something special if they keep him in the paint and the outside folks stay away

he can pick up a quarter off the ground without bending his knees

1 Like

I can too, but then there is an ambulance involved…

6 Likes

It’s really hard to get too much from his highlights…I am not sure his competition is all that great.
But from what I see he is an excellent athlete, Not sure he has the defensive explosiveness like Outlaw, Hayes, Olajuwon and Dwight Davis, but golly Moses he is only 16 and has a great future ahead of him…hopefully as a Cougar.

1 Like

Can’t believe he’s only 16.

Any chance he enrolls early like Caleb and gets in the weight room?

1 Like

No rush for him to play. We will have White, Powell, Roberts and Chaney

He reminds me of the young Montrezll Harrell throwin it down

1 Like

Good comparison. I think he ends up at 6’9

MH is great in the paint and really good touch. Honestly at this time reminds me of a hundred others I have seen just like him. What can separate him from the others is work ethic, development and coaching to go with fitting the role best for him.
In fairness we have not often gotten any of those hundreds in recent years.
I think Francis and Powell are two of the best prospects we have had in a long time at center.
And don’t forget we have Roberts who is one big dude and said to be very athletic and rebound savvy.
Chaney may also play center who is just another very athletic and active player in the paint. Armbrester reminds me of Chaney’s skill set so great player to learn from his first season.

Frazier or you mean Francis…?

1 Like

https://twitter.com/UHCougarMBK/status/1326563364873654273

7 Likes

He signed? Lol that’s a commitment he’s not even 18 yet

He’s signed. Coog Admin can’t even comment until s/a is signed. Both Sampsons have congratulated him on coming on-board.

Does he enroll in January or next Summer?

Summer unless something changes. This is the early signing period for basketball.

https://twitter.com/UHCougarMBK/status/1326600584695263234

2 Likes

Coach said he’s 6’8" with a 7’4" wingspan 17 years old hustles and quick jumper!!

He mentioned Robbie by name a lot. So, hopefully Robbie is signed. Or someone dropped the ball on sending the video out.

Yea I was thinking that too