BOOM! 6'8" big man Ja'Vier Francis Commits to Coogs - with comments on his decision

On IG, Robbie said he was “Signing on live at 12:30 Utah time” today but he hasn’t gone live yet, i dont think.

edit: he was wearing a UH hat

1 Like

So Ja’Vier is pronounced J V A. That is not how I’ve been pronouncing it in my head when I read his name :joy:

1 Like

I’ve been saying Jah Veer :man_facepalming:t2:

Yep. Me too. Thought maybe he had some Hispanic in him, but got creative with the punctuation.

I was saying jay vi er

I’m calling him Francis

3 Likes

When CKS said Francis needs to stay in the oven a couple of years, does that mean redshirting?

No it just means he will need to develop. Whether or not it will be best to RS him remains to be seen.

As of now when he arrives our frontline will be White and Chaney starting with Powell and Roberts backing up.

https://twitter.com/MVABasketball/status/1338210266052485122

1 Like

So is Javier the highest rated of our 3 commits for 2021?

Yes, but highest ranked doesn’t always mean a ton when comparing players ranked similarly. For example, J’Wan Roberts was the highest rated in our Class of 2019 in front of Sasser and Mills.

Don’t know about you guys, but I have been impressed with Roberts. I could see him playing some serious minutes later this year and next…

… you know, unless he goes to the NBA in March :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Sort of. Mills reclassified to the 2018 class so he was never reranked according to his final evaluation (the 2018 class rankings were finalized the prior summer). Nevertheless, Rivals for example had him rated as a 4-star prospect which would have been at least top 132 in the ‘19 class and ahead of the 3 star/#143 Roberts.

1 Like

I forgot about Rivals. I was going by 247, which had J’Wan at 147 and Mills at 199 in their final composite.

Hey are we looking at this Kid??? Please send to Sampson or Tilllman Khator, anybody of authority at UH!

Bo Outlaw could slam a basketball for you and could block a basketball for you!

1 Like

one of my all time favorite coogs. love me some Bo. he could jump thru the roof… And in football Lathon. Bet he could destroy on the courts as well.

1 Like

If you want to remember a great leaper, think of Ollie Taylor, who would jump center for us, standing 6’ 2".

4 Likes

Greatest leapers I can recall.
The obvious with Drexler and Anders
After that I think of Outlaw, Derek Smith, Tom Grant, Tim Moore, Darrell Mickens, Ced Hensley, George Williams, Ramon Dyer

Tom Grant?