Boom Boom

Great pickups!

No, you posted “The receiver is fast” then followed up by posting his 200m time. To which, people replied that those times are not considered fast.

1 Like

I agree. I will take quickness in the 40 over fast in the 200m.

That being said, if you are elite in the 200m, I am good with that too.

200m 5A Finals
Achane, Devon 11 Fort Bend Marshall 20.69
https://247sports.com/Player/Devon-Achane-46049139/

1 Like

Carrier was much better at the 200 than 100 or the 40.

Achane, on the other hand, is a jet in cleats. On of the fastest kids I’ve ever seen on a high school football field

3 Likes

I’m sure Khiyon is a really good football player but putting things in perspective, 14 year olds run 22s and 23 seconds in the 200 which is fast for them.

1 Like

What i read was he was fast. Then i also posted times. Those times are faster than anything I can run, therefore he is fast. I am also assuming he is faster than all the readers here with that time.

4 Likes

I guess he is a slow receiver then. Must suck. Should have gone somewhere else.

1 Like

That is a poor assumption if you mean when posters were his age.

Nope, assuming the critics of speed right now. LOL

Obviously our coaching staff think they can work him into their scheme which is fine with me.

This had me howling “Those times are faster than anything I can run, therefore he is fast”

It’s gold Ian! Gold!

4 Likes

I wouldn’t get to exercised about a time for a 16-17 year old. Some mature faster than others. His time reduction from 2017 to 1018 is over a second. If he has a similar improvement this year, he is in the 22 second range, which is plenty fast. He is also on a relay team, which means that he is one of the fastest kids at his school, which is a large school in the Dallas area.

If he was getting run down by someone who doesn’t have the angle on him, then I would be concerned. The “highlights” I have seen shows he has enough speed to do the job.

We get way too worked up over heights, weights, and supposed times in the 40. I want to know if they are they a football player that projects to D1 as a starter. If the answer is yes and the staff thinks he is good enough to play for us and be an effective player, then we should sign him.

1 Like

Note to self: don’t post a football player’s track times unless he has been to state.

For sure, which is why Achane had the offers he did. Guys running 23 in the 200 are the guys who will be tapping out after a couple of back-to-back 15 yard gains.

2 Likes

I don’t have issue with any of that but posting that someone is “fast” and posting/highlighting a not “fast” time is not going get you anything positive.

1 Like

How many times must this board have this discussion? Track speed and football speed are very different. If he can run, get open, catch, and score, then it doesn’t matter what his 40 or 200 time is. He’s going to be a good football player.

4 Likes

Am I disagreeing with you?

The question was more rhetorical than anything. I wasn’t aiming it towards any person in particular.

I think it does matter. How many more TDs would Bonner and Dunbar have had if they were 4.6 instead of 4.7? What about 4.5? They were still good because of their hands, but greatness requires speed. Wafer has speed, now, hopefully, he has hands too.

Btw, 247 gave him a grade overnight and he is now our highest graded 2020 recruit at .8599 composite. Go Coogs!

1 Like

Spot on. It’s the ability to create separation and make the catch that is most important.

2 Likes