BOOM! Coogs land commitment from '19 Elsik DE Rason Williams II (Update: Released from NLI)

Exactly!! And this is why Rason and the others left. They were not going to stop until he did.

1 Like

Not trying to question you, but do you know this specifically and how?

Judging by the username, shes likely his mom or sister.

1 Like

Yes I know exactly what happened. I am his mother. I’m not a disgruntled parent either. I totally understand different coaches see different things in players. However these boys had signed at this point and the the right thing to do was to let them attend for the year they signed for and make their decision from there. Forcing the boys out the way they did was not ethical or right.

17 Likes

It’s a terrible situation and I’m sorry for your son.

6 Likes

Your son did the right thing. I am sorry our coaches did not give him the opportunity he deserved.

This kind of takes the shine off this hire for me,

2 Likes

I am sorry to hear about your sons situation, Ms. Williams. He did the right thing. My hope and prayer is that God will work this out for good for him.

9 Likes

Very unfortunate. I hope your son uses it as motivation.

2 Likes

That’s a bad situation, and I’m sorry for you and your son. How that was done was not ok, and is a by product of a toxic business. I would hope from more from our coaching staff than forcing kids out.

I wish you and your son nothing but the best. Hopefully he finds a great landing spot for both his football skills and college career.

8 Likes

I wish they had let your son attend since that is what he wanted. I want those that WANT to be Coogs. I’ll be rooting for your son wherever he lands.

12 Likes

Thank you for sharing, I didn’t want to assume just because of the name. I’m sorry to hear that happened to your son, I agree with the sentiments from the other posters on here. I think it’s easy to say that none of us agree with what happened to your son or anybody’s son. I hope nothing but the best for him, his college career both academically and in sports, and the rest of your family. God bless.

7 Likes

Thank you very much. Rason is a good kid with a good head on his shoulders. I am very confident that he will do well in college.

13 Likes

Ma’am, the story you told broke my heart! I don’t know anything about what were going on with the players that were let go, but if it were that ugly it really bothers me! I thought the players were simply told they did not fit the new coaches’ schemes and maybe skills requirements. My sincere apology to you, your family, and son!

With all that being said, I do feel if somebody told me they would rather have somebody else, I would move on and find another place where the people welcome me with open arms! The reason I feel that way is because I believe if I stayed I would be fighting a losing battle in trying to prove the coaching staff wrong! Because I might not get the chance to prove them wrong!

If your son really wanted to be with UH that bad it makes his release very troublesome for me! Because at UH, we want guys that want to be here! Good luck to you and your son!

3 Likes

Thank you so very much! Although this was a though blow, Rason is now with an awesome group of coaches who genuinely care about him and his well being. I’m sure great things will be in his future.

3 Likes

Ms. Williams…This is what’s wrong with athletics today, both in college and the pros. Your son signed his letter of intent in good faith, which to me is a contract that should be honored without coercion. I am not going to sit here and pretend to be the judge of the new coaches at UH, but it might have been so much of a better story had they decided to keep Rason, redshirt him the first year, and develop him into the player that they would keep for his remaining years of eligibility. I remember this guy named Elandon Roberts that no one really saw much potential in high school, but I believe he just played in his 3rd Super Bowl and won 2 of them. Godspeed to you and all others that find themselves in this boat.

2 Likes

This reminds me of the movie One on One.