BOOM Emanuel Sharp commits

Ah. John Bowe Smith. He changed his name and showed up on Florida State’s roster immediately without sitting out a year. Seriously, he was a good prospect and was competing for playing time with Dwight Jones and Sid Edwards.

from the interwebs the injury is a “broken fibula”… which is actually mild injury (that you could probably play with if you had to). the fibula is not load bearing bone…and the common recovery time after surgery 6 weeks, extremely complicated cases the recovery time is around 3 months… long story short, this probably has no affect on us at all, likely doesnt affect his senior year… lack of aau might hurt his ranking tho

5 Likes

Your right . It was Charles “Chet” Thompson. The best one at that high school was Mychal Thompson who played in the NBA for many years

Yep I believe they were all related. I know Guy wanted Michael a lot but he changed his mind at the last minute

Oh Emanuel, welcome aboard, please bring Dillon with you!

2 Likes

Let’s wait on Arceneaux and Rodgers.

Y’all have mentioned Ty Rodgers multiple times. Not much on the web about who his favorites are. Is UH a serious contender to get him?

Houston, Michigan, Syracuse and Purdue seem to be in the mix

Michigan will be hard to beat. Also Tom Izzo is no slouch. He may sneak in.

Give me Terrance and call it a day as far as wings go!

Sharp will be okay. If anything, only his ranking may be affective by his injury.

U know we couldn’t possibly care less about rankings lol. We know he top 100 and that’s all that matters. A lot of people come back stronger from these types of injuries, forcing yourself to rehab and build up strength everyday. Plus like you said he’s 547 days away from playing his first game as a cougar

He looks kind of out of shape. Nice shooter though and I like his offer list. Coach Bishop will earn his check and get him right, I’m sure.

1 Like

I don’t think he actually changed his mind. I was good friends with Guy’s head assistant Harvey Pate. He told me Minnesota gave him an offer he couldn’t refuse

1 Like

Heavier set doesn’t always mean out of shape. Most people out of shape can’t put up 25-30 a night. He plays at his pace, he’s very smooth and methodical

1 Like

He probably could be even better if he dropped some pounds.

1 Like

He just needs to get more cut. Not necessarily drop pounds. His strength and big body is what got him here.

1 Like

We’ll see what Bishop does with him.

1 Like

I was trying to be nice lol

1 Like

It’s not like everyone will be paying the price while Sharp sits on the side eating donuts.

Agreed! Those donuts are meant for Powell.

2 Likes