BOOM Emanuel Sharp commits

This is a rumor from a Tampa redditor, proceed with skepticism.

“I help out some programs around his area. Word around town is he just absolutely demolished his ankle. Heard it was so bad he needed emergency surgery. Haven’t heard anything official yet but if it really was that bad I would like to see how he rebounds considering his body archetype.”

even if its true, he’s 1.5 years away from his 1st game at UH, most likely more than recovered by then… and his game isnt based on athleticism… this doesnt really affect us at all. it might hurts his ratings but thats not that big of a deal…unless its some super unique case, even complex ankle surgeries the recovery time likely still allows him to catch some of his senior year…if its a common surgery he won’t miss any, just aau (ankle surgery recovery times arent that long 2-6 months)…and all of it could just be rumors

1 Like

Everyone likes the black and red. The players and fans love them ! Kyler and Robbie also posted in black uni’s

just out of curiosity, i researched this … he didnt play for his aau team on their games this past weekend, so there’s a chance they are right that he is injured…

his last game prior to that the full game is on youtube, he gets an ankle injury in that game, if that is what he is referencing “absolutely demolished his ankle” is an extremely strong characterization of what happened… he looks like he sprained it, but got up and played 3 more possession till the next time out, walks around on the sidelines for a while tries to get back in but that only lasts 1 possession… injured his ankle? sure… “absolutely demolished” seems like a stretch…

5 Likes

This will be Kylers fourth college season. Expect him to go pro after this coming season.

1 Like

If he’s walking that is not demolished lol

4 Likes

I think Cumberland actually got enough years in college to become Cumberland 2.0 and Cumberland 3.0. Maybe this kid could be Cumberland 4.0?

7 Likes

Demolished ankles take multiple surgeries to heal/fix. We shall see I suppose. Skepticism warning taken.

Totally agree.

Sounds like some salty gator fan mad we poached a florida prospect haha.

6 Likes

Both his dad and mom played professionally in Israel. His dad is his high school coach too.

One of the articles on the commitment said that he had a “lower leg injury that effectively ended his travel season”.
I don’t know how long travel seasons are, but if it 6 weeks or so, that could just be a very bad sprain. You know basketball stuff, how long does that statement mean he is out?

Most importantly, he was the Florida Dairy Farmers’ 5A player of the year in 2020.

5 Likes

He dropped to 3A, so that is less impressive than his previous MVP award by the dairy farmers in 5A.

1 Like

Travel season ends in July at Peach Jam. Its hard to tell how bad the injury is but its not like he has to arrive on campus this year so hopefully its more of precaution to sit out.

1 Like

I have turned my ankles many times through the years thanks to having flat feet. You never really know. I have come down for a rebound on one’s foot and initially been in agony only to be back and running a couple days later. Another time I stepped on a foot while playing defense and played another 10 min before I had to take myself off the court. I ended up in the ER that night.

Based on one highlight video, take this for what it’s worth: ES reminds me a little of another Sampson coached player, Eric Gordon. Thick body, not overly quick, excellent body control, volume scorer at 3 levels.

Looks like a prototypical Sampson player (assuming he buys in and works hard)

8 Likes

Nice to add a Sharp Shooter…

1 Like

Wasn’t it Chet Thompson? I think Michael was the stud who went to Minnesota…

Good comparison (Gordon).