BOOM! Mercy Miller (c/o of 24) Committed

The big challenge will be getting him on campus. He could go pro out of high school. But if Master P is footing the bill, then good chance he ends up here for a year.

He’ll definitely be a Coog if he comes to college.

There is no telling what will happen three years from now. But Master P has been a presence in Houston for many years. It is most definitely an important place where he does business and a place he enjoys spending time. It is natural that Mercy would feel at home in the city and with a “family business” like the Sampson program.

1 Like

I’ll be okay with that, just having the buzz around about his commitment I’m okay with that.

This is a great opportunity… I think this raises NIL opportunities for recruits besides him as well with No Limit attached.

1 Like

I noticed Terrence Arceneaux’s instagram handle makes reference to No Limit. Anyone know the connection there (aside from Arceneaux just being affiliated with the same AAU team as Mercy Miller)? Does TA have some sort of deal with No Limit?

2 Likes

Maybe this is the deal we needed to close on TA. Who knows.

I think so, Beaumont is as much Louisiana as Texas… Hercy is going to transfer at some point as well. Deeky has to love this.

2 Likes

Solomon Washington has the same thing for his Instagram name.

1 Like

I’m sure they prepared a highlight reel of the phi slamma jamma teams mixed with the final 4 run set to Hoody Hoo on the court for TA’s next visit and Mercy just so happened to be at the Fertitta Center for the dry run and decided to commit on the spot.

2 Likes

66,000 likes posing in a UH uniform.

Dayum!

10 Likes

He may never play for UH but look at that buzz among our fan base :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

10 Likes

^^^this. This is really good even if he pulls his name two years from now.

1 Like

Master P never played a game at UH after a knee injury during the Pat Foster days. Cool his son is headed to Htown.

https://247sports.com/Article/Mercy-Miller-Master-P-son-Houston-Cougars-Basketball-Recruiting-169880226/

2 Likes

Maybe a chance he could slide up a year in classification and be here in two years?

1 Like

His 9th kid?? No Limit to the child support he must be paying! Good on Master P for at least appearing so involved in his kids’ lives, that’s a tall task.

3 Likes

Master P all about his kids and hoop.
His oldest son Lil Romeo played PG at USC w DeMar DeRozan

Master P had a loaded LA based AAU team in those days.
““Percy Miller said, ‘DeMar and Romeo are ready to make their decision, and would you like to have them both on scholarship?’ … I said ‘absolutely.'” Said Floyd”

Wow…P could field a baseball team.

1 Like

He was married and had his kids but he went through a nasty divorce.

Boom! Nah! Nah! Nah!

Based on those highlights in the link, Romeo was a very good HS player, but not close to the caliber of the player that Hercy and Mercy are… maybe Demar Derozans freak show plays just make it look that way, though.