Boom - TE Mustapha Muhammad - Transfer commitment

There are TE’s that teams use like in the slot like a WR but just gives you a bigger target plus a bigger guy blocking in the running game. It gives the air raid a different dimension we remember how good the offense looked with Mark Hafner when DH was here with Sumlin.

4 Likes

Why would we redshirt an NFL level TE? And being an NFL talent is CDH’s words, not mine. And why would an NFL level TE want to redshirt?

2 Likes

Seems like some people on here don’t understand that in order to be a great team college FB team, UH has to be 2+ deep in top tier talent and each and every position including TE.

1 Like

might have to consider them very closely. Their attitude must be really really really bad

You are seriously questioning whether Dana would prefer to redshirt players, lol

No, but he’s already talked up Trahan as an NFL guy. So what would be the benefit to redshirting an NFL guy, and why would an NFL guy agree to it?

Players want to play so if you cut a guys playing time in half it stands to reason he won’t be very pleased about it. I just hope Dana can handle the the politics of having to manage the playing time between two guys who are very good and each probably deserve to start.

Hopefully we eventually get to the enviable position of being two deep and interchangeable, a good problem most G6’s don’t have.

2 Likes

I don’t think its a scenario of cutting playing time. We ran two TE sets a lot this year.

1 Like

Plus all FB players get tired and a bit nicked up over the course of a game and a season. I think a player would have to be a bit selfish and a poor teammate if they do not want to see their fellow teammates get a chance to excell so the team can win more games. Remember, FB is a team game.

2 Likes

If you’re talking about sets with Alexander, he’s there as a blocker. I’ve never seen him run a route except as a fake.

Does he look NFL ready to you?

1 Like

We could play three at a time on the same play. The Patriots do it regularly. CDH has to adjust his playbook if he thinks we should do so. CDH only will come to that conclusion.

I don’t know about three tight end sets but that poster implied that we HAVE to redshirt one TE because the other would play. I think that’s ludicrous. You can always have a backup or even rotate the two.

1 Like

Yup, and you can also do a two tightend set. The Patriots did it until Hernandez started killing people. It was tough to guard him and Gronk.

2 Likes

Later in his run at WVU- Dana used his traditional TEs w multiple H Back/FB types.
Not many of those on this roster, this recruiting cycle should let us know if he going that way at UH.

Are you seriously arguing that we should not have 2 TEs? Player rotate and even share the field. Trust me there are plenty of reps for 2 even if they both play really well.

2 Likes

Just because he says he is an NFL guy doesn’t mean he is ready for the NFL. I’m sure if he did get redshirted it would probably help him be more NFL ready .

1 Like

We need to always look to upgrade our roster and depth. We also need different type tigg ends for different sets. I don’t get why we tend to think that when we are bringing in more talent then the guys who are already here are immediately going to transfer. I believe that most players realize it is a team effort and usually like the fact that with more better players then the team is deeper and stronger.

3 Likes

Ben - That is so true. And further if any player doesn’t want to see the overall UH team improve, then we really don’t want them to stay and play on the UH FB team.

1 Like