Bottom 10

We’re #10 on ESPN’s bottom 10 for having five opponents cancel on us. Maybe I just don’t get the joke but it feels like we’re a laughingstock

1 Like

I don’t feel we are the laughing stock. Like you said, maybe it’s a joke. We have, up to this point, done what we are supposed to do concerning safety protocols. I believe it is seen as we just can’t catch a flipping break.

11 Likes

Free publicity. We’ve been talked About all September even if we haven’t played. It’ll be for nothing if we don’t make a statement win with it.

As funny as a rug burn.

2 Likes

Totally should be taken as a joke. The wait list has Houston still waiting to play.

4 Likes

Hey, we (the Houston “Apollo 13’s”) are on the list with the Texas State Armadillos! :laughing:

I think you have to read everything here as it was written, with tongue firmly in cheek.

BTW, as I recall the Apollo 13 story, it started rough but had a great ending, right?

8 Likes

Virginia Tech is ranked and not played a game. If UCF can get into the top 10, they have a shot at the playoffs. All 6 SEC teams ahead of them play each other and the 3 ACC teams also have to play each other. I am hoping they break the glass ceiling

I think that ESPN article is a joke! Such lousy writing and completely amateurish!

The CBS Bottom 25 articles by Tom Fornelli are better. His comments are funnier and more clever than the ones in ESPN Bottom 10.

Not really, because when one win, the other will jump UCF, then when the team in front of UCF lose, the team behind UCF will take its place. UCF will “Only” move up after the game in front of them lose their P5 Bowls…then they will say, " Hey UCF, you actually finished #4, which is pointless. Ranking someone higher after the Bowls are over is a Joke because you can’t enter the playoffs once the playoffs is over. It is a doggie pat on the head to say " good dog…you are a winner".

1 Like

The Bottom Ten is a joke that has always been meant to be taken as a joke.

OTOH, the other polls are a joke (see Texas) that’s meant to be taken see seriously.

8 Likes

Thanks man, you beat me to it. Satire is wonderful!

1 Like

Ha Ha Ha. Now that’s pretty funny stuff. A non P-5 program getting awarded an invite into the P5 college football playoffs.

Well at least the “Houston Apollo 13’s” are ranked ahead of “Houston waiting to play”, screw that team!

2 Likes

The Texans should have been named Apollo 13’s to go with our space city theme.

1 Like

Apollo 13 at least got off the ground, unlike the Texans

6 Likes

If the Apollo 13 spacecraft had had as many problems with it’s construction and integrity as the Texans’ organization, it would have blown up during testing and never made it to the pad.

6 Likes