Bowlsby shoots down Big 12 expansion

They want or recruits…they want Houston. Not our School but or city.

I can picture them now all sitting around puffing fat cigars, “I told you, if we could just lose one of our big anchors to the B10, lose a school to the PAC, lose two schools to the SEC, then pull in blue bloods like tcu and wv, and become the p5’s most likely to implode, then we’ll have outsmarted ‘em all and be sittin pretty, and here we are boys [champagne flutes clink… all look out boardroom window at B1G and SEC having yard sales to pay bills]”

1 Like

Whoa there partner. TCU and WVU are not bluebloods. Even Clemson isn’t a blueblood but they are on there way to that status. Clemson is a perennial power. Bluebloods have years of success on the national stage and have earne6 that reputation.

If the playoffs expand and some kind of way UH wins the natty 2 years in a row, UH is a perennial power not a blueblood.

1 Like

You write it in jest but, yes.

The only big loss was aTm.

Colorado, Missouri, and even Nebraska, weren’t huge losses. Missouri being the closest to being big and that’s only for the media market for a conference network that doesn’t exist.

The big 12 now makes money, only third behind the B1G and SEC.

They have an easier path to the playoffs and they even get lowlier teams into NY6 bowls.

Sure, the conference was within a hair of collapse, but came out rosy.

1 Like

I guess instead of smarter than the rest of them, it’s smarter than two of the other four

1 Like

It will no longer seem so “rosy” when uta and/or OU leave!!! And, one or both WILL leave.

3 Likes

You can’t really speak in absolutes about OU and/or UT leaving.

OU in its own will have as hard a time not being the wallflower as they were last time around.

UT can go anywhere but it’s not as enticing as it once was. Even less so if unequal revenue sharing ends up happening in the big 12. So financially it’s better to stay in the big 12

The prestige of the B1G is enticing but UT can collaborate academically with any institution it wants to without being in a sports conference with the school.

2 Likes