Boycott the Bogus CFP Championship Playoffs

Nowhttps://www.yahoo.com/sports/title-game-ticket-prices-plummeting-90-percent-college-football-worried-214530894.html the ticvket prices are falling. Still high, but a sign of weakness.

1 Like

Didn’t even watch semi.

2 Likes

Watching 

Those boycotting remind me of Ebenezer Scrooge when he told his nephew he was boycotting his Christmas day dinner 
 which his nephew stated later during the ghost of Christmas present’s visitation that his uncle will be missing out on an excellent dinner 

We’re nowhere as good as Bama or Clemson, but it does take the edge off of things to know that no matter what we do as a program, as things stand, we would never, ever have the opportunity to play for a championship.

I don’t watch it, not because I am boycotting it, but because I simply have no interest in who wins. I don’t support either of the teams, I don’t care about the coaches or players, and I especially don’t want to hear ESPN announcers fawning over their made up tournament and trying to fabricate false excitement over the same two teams year after year.

I would rather watch a movie or binge watch Narcos: Mexico, Bodyguard, or the 3rd season of Lemony Snickets with my kids.

2 Likes

I’d rather watch a good high school game, up thru the real playoffs, than contrived “championship” with some players sitting out because they might get hurt. In high schools, the kids play because they want to play and in some cases, maybe earn a college scholarship, so they can get an education. Only a few get to go to college, and many fewer get to the pro level . . . . .

1 Like

The final season of A Series of Unfortunate Events was excellent with my favorite characters Count Olaf and Sunny Baudelaire both ah hoot to watch 
 and Kitana Turnbull (Carmelita) deserves an Emmy for playing one of the most obnoxious characters ever created for a series 
 :sunglasses:

Bodyguard 
zzzz snore-city zzzz 
 couldn’t get pass the first episode 
 but its great for falling asleep

Narcos 
 up next BUT NOT during the CFP finals 

1 Like

Not watching either. Same teams from same part of the country. I did watch the semis while they were competitive. Kyler Murray vs a great defense was fun. If it turns out to be a good game like last year I’ll watch the end of a replay. You can tell ESPN is scared of ratings they’re trying to hype the rematch of the rematch 24/7.

2 Likes

Narcos Mexico has been a surprisingly good reboot. I am half way through. I speak Spanish (BA in Spanish, ‘02) fluently, so the show has a different feel for me.

I absolutley love the Lemony Snicket’s on Netflix. Fantastic writing! It is definitely a guilty pleasure.

Still not sure about watching it. May tune in here and there if the game gets interesting, but I’m more turned off by the constant hyping, the constant hate spewing from fanbases across conferences, and the lack of access for half the schools. It’s an invitational, not a true playoff and it shouldn’t be labeled as one. Probably end up watching the Wichita State/Memphis basketball game and then the Rockets game as both matter more to more personal interests.

And that doesn’t mean that these teams aren’t deserving. They have shown that they are the best 2 of those left and there’s a lot of talent that will play at a high level on that field. I just don’t care just like fans of those teams probably don’t care much about watching Houston at UCF next year. What’s the point when it has no bearing on them?

Expand the playoffs to where everyone has a shot (even if it’s just 8 and 1 G5 spot) and I’ll have a lot more interest all the way through.

1 Like

College football needs more than 2 teams to compete every year or else they will lose viewers.
I am out for this repeat, as much as they are trying to sell it as no rematch, it is a rematch.
They need to find a way to get more teams involved, don’t know how, but they do.

1 Like